any other people over 40 looking to lose 80+?

Options
I would love more determined and motivating friends. I never thought at 47, I would finally get serious about my weight and health. I had a wake up call when I started getting arm numbness. I decided right then, I was changing my life. I first stopped drinking diet soda cold turkey. I then joined my fitness pal (again) after checking it out a year ago. This time, I have decided to be serious. I have logged on almost every day for 45 days. I am trying to eat much healthier. I stay away from processed as much as I can. I need to incorporate more veggies though. I have just recently bumped up my cardio. I am shooting for 30 minutes twice a day, 6 days a week. I am doing Yoga once a week and weight machines three times a week. I am currently close to 20 pounds down and shooting for 80 pounds more.
I would like more friends on a similar path who want to help each other stay motivated. Yes, I am a huge Doberman fan – dog lovers are a bonus.
:smile:

Replies

• jdoerr1967
    jdoerr1967 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would love too - but I plan to "eat the elephant one bite at a time" so my initial goal is set at losing 40 lbs. I would love to join you in your battle of the bulge if you are looking for friends. -Jon
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I "only" need to get rid of 45 more, but would happy to have new friends with positive goals.
    I log every day, and willing to support my friends. If you ask me for my opinion, expect to get an honest answer, not fluff.

Good luck with your healthy life style change!
  • Denfks
    Denfks Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm over 40 years...won't say how far over! I would like to lose 84 more pounds. I log in daily and like having MFP pals to share with. :) I'm pretty much a vegan at this point, so you'll get lots of support from me about eating your veggies!! Best wishes.
  • bluerose69
    bluerose69 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello I am 42 and have lost 80lbs so far and feel like a different woman, but in saying that my journey is not over and i am hoping to lose another 56lbs...keep going and always remember if you have a bad day then don't dwell on it close the door and start a new positive day tomorrow.
  • txwomyn
    txwomyn Posts: 36
    Options
    You can add me I need to loose 40 +. I was doing good when the year started out but have strayed in the last 3 weeks. Need help getting head back in the game.
  • debra4647
    debra4647 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You may add me; am also 47 with 100+ pounds to lose. Ihave 2 dogs Zoey and Java they are both 17 pounds. We also have Jake who is over 100 oounds. I have been on every day for 65 or 70 I'm not sure lol but anyways I'm here. So anyone may add me if they wish. We are all loseing together.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and have about 16 more to go to reach my goal of 80 lbs lost. These last 16 lbs have been hard, so I can always use an energetic friend to keep me motivated. When I see other exercise posts, it reminds me to get moving. Feel free to add me. and Good luck!
  • westdove
    westdove Posts: 174
    Options
    Im knocking on 40's door and still got roughly 80 or more to loose!
  • tt_net
    tt_net Posts: 5
    Options
    I’m 54 and just finished my 80 ponds drop.
    Now I try to keep weight and build my mussels back.
    I’ll be happy to share my experience, motivation if you wish.
    Alex
  • TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi Doberfan,
    I'm a Miniature Schnauzer fan but hey,
    I'm male 46 years old and i goal is to lose 100 lb. i'm 44 lb. in to it and very motivated to lose the rest of it.
    like you had i have the numbness in my arms and there are other tell tales signs as well.
    if you (or anyone else) would like to add me i'll try be as supportive as i can.

Thanks,
    Andy
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! It took me until my 40's to get serious. I'm 45 now and in the best shape of my life. You can do it!!
  • DonSlowikFitness
    Options
    I am 46 dropped from 272 to now 215 in less than a year. Harder to get rid of it when you start getting older, takes more will power and a great support group. Need a friend or motivator, I am here for ya!
    Don
  • kim8184
    kim8184 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Love your pic and your ticker pic. I too have Doberman's. We have two, a chocolate male and a black female that we rescued. I am 46 years old and when I started this journey I wanted to lose at least 100 lbs. I am down 22 lbs so far. Please feel free to add me, and we can support each other on our weight loss journey.
  • doberfan
    doberfan Posts: 33
    Options
    Thank you all. I am adding all that asked. If I missed you, please send me a friend request.
  • lanehart3
    lanehart3 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello! I'm a 46 year old wife and mother who started her weight loss journey (again...sigh!) this past January. So far I've lost 38 pounds but I'd like to lose another 55. I desperately need a "tough love" support group to keep me motivated.
  • doberfan
    doberfan Posts: 33
    Options
    Thank you for the motivation. Please add me if you are still wanting friends. A BIG congrats on your success. You are an inspiration.
  • dena1663
    dena1663 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am looking to lose 50; but would love to share support on this weight loss journey.
  • jenniwren85
    Options
    You can do it!!! I am looking to lose 86 lbs and I turn 40 next month so while I'm not "over 40" yet I am almost there and have always tried to eat healthy but find bingeing and sweets are my worst enemy. My 'enabler' husband doesn't help but he's rescently decided he wants to try to get healthier too. Keep your chin up! We can do this together lady!

-Jennifer
  • bassman92
    bassman92 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm 60 as of today and I want to lose 40-50 lbs so mathmatically I think it I qualify...lol. Be as active as you can , I think thats the key as we get older. I don't eat near as much as I used to and I'm moving more. There it is in a nutshell.....eat less move more.
  • davidduggin
    davidduggin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi young lady. I am twenty years older then you and trying to lose a person (135) pounds. So far I've lost fourteen pounds and wish you great success. Don't give up and I won't either. God bless you.