weight loss has slowed down

Since I hit pre-preg weight (as expected) my weight loss has slowed down. I'm currently eating 1450 plus any exercise cals but I want to lose another 20 lbs so i'm not sure its wise to lower my cals yet as I dont want it to slow down again in 10 lbs time.

These are my stats (and my diary is open and i'd love any negative or positive feedback)
5'11
I was 180 lbs when I started and I'm not 156.2 (as of this morning)
I'd like to get to 140 more or less see how I feel.

Sorry I know there are loads of posts like this but I was so pleased that the weight was melting away and I'm feeling a bit, disheartend as I thought I had it all sussed!

Thanks !

Replies

• phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    My suggestion is to shock your metabolism by changing up your calorie intake: go higher for a few days then drop back down to 1200 (or so) for a few days then level back off at your regular 1450.

Also, what kind of exercise are you doing? Perhaps it's time to change that up as well.

Are you drinking enough water?

Good luck!
  • fbetsa
    fbetsa Posts: 6
    When I stalled, I was going crazy for about 4 weeks. Then I realized that i wasn't drinking enough water. i ramped up the H2O intake and the weight loss started again. Food for thought.
  • scarlettgeorgia4
    scarlettgeorgia4 Posts: 88 Member
    I'm only going 25 mins 3 times a week and sometimes swimming onces a week - and i dont drive so walking everywhere. I initially was doing 30ds but dont have the time or energy with my LO not sleeping at night. Thanks for your advice I'll deffo try that :)