Fitbit Question

Options
I got a Fitbit Ultra for Mother's Day on Sunday! I'm so excited to use it, but was wondering if I need to log my exercise calories or not. I put it in based on what the Fitbit said I did, but then at the end of my day, there was a Fitbit adjustment that was just a little higher than what my cardio had been. Is the Fitbit going to automatically adjust for me every day?

Replies

• kimmunism
    kimmunism Posts: 4
    Options
    I just recently got a FitBit too, I love it. What the fitbit automatically does is log in an additional calories over your MyFitnessPal BMR calculation. So for instance my BMR is about 1,300 calories (calories I burn just going about my daily business). FitBit uses a different calculation which may cause a slight difference but nothing to worry about. So if I burned say 1,500 calories on my Fitbit, the adjustment made in MyFitnessPal would show an adjustment of an extra 200 calories burned.

I was confused at first and then dug into the manual but now it makes sense to me. I hope this helps. Add me as a friend if you would like we can be FitBit newbies together. I don't know anyone else that has one yet.

Kim
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    According the the MFP folks, you should only enter exercise in MFP. If you don't enter exercise, you will still get a "Fitbit adjustment" for the calories you burn according to Fitbit. I used to enter all of my exercise in MFP, but now I only enter weight training and running. I let the Fitbit adjustment stand for my walking calories.

If you do enter your exercise in MFP, make sure you enter the times you did the exercise; otherwise, it will show more calories burned than what you actually deserve.
  • kdruga
    kdruga Posts: 35
    Options
    Thank you! I was scouring the website trying to figure it out, but couldn't find a clear explanation.
  • kimmunism
    kimmunism Posts: 4
    Options
    I love my fitbit but they lack in instructions.. I figure that they thought fitbit is so easy to use that you don't really need instructions, just use it, lol...I for one like to know everything about everything...:wink:
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Join the group Fitbit Users. Therein lies the answers you seek.
  • angierandy
    angierandy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!! I have many questions, but that was the most important one I had. :laugh: Lets be friends :flowerforyou: