Day 2 - looking for friends

Options
Hi there! I am a 37 year old wife, mother of 2 and daycare provider. I am looking to loose 30 pounds and become more fit and active through strength training and running. I am looking for friends and support.

Replies

• cassieubanks
    cassieubanks Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have LOTS more weight to lose than you do, but like you, I want to get healthy. The kids want me to play and I can't....so I am embarking today...again...to get it right this time. Maybe we can help each other along!

Cassi
  • sadye58
    sadye58 Posts: 55
    Options
    You can add me if you like i have about 30 pounds left to lose as well babyweight is stubborn to get off and she is no longer a baby! lol
  • tjungkunz
    tjungkunz Posts: 39
    Options
    Feel free to add me; also wife, mother of 3, & part-time daycare provider. Lost over 30lbs last yr, started in Feb & lost almost 10 more, trying to focus on building strength & possible actually running one day :)
  • Cazzy34
    Cazzy34 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have 3 kids and need to lose around 20lbs.

You can add me if you like :) I am pretty active and will try to offer support.

Caz x
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    You guys can add me.
  • alortega730
    alortega730 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I am a mother of 4 wonderful kids and a toddler/preschool teache at a day care. I know how hard it is to find time to exercise but we can do it!
  • LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    you can add me. I am a single mom of a 10 year old daughter. I am almost 37
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    Feel free to add me. 39 year mom of two very active boys (14 and 9).

If you want to run, I suggest the C25K program. I recently graduated from it and it's awesome. I was NOT a runner before the program, but I most definitely am now! I started Bridge to 10K last night...so awesome!!!

Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hey there - I'm 37 (only own a dog), but I'm on every day and would love to have more friends. : ) I have about 55lbs to lose.

Feel free to add me
  • Angel_Eyes1975
    Angel_Eyes1975 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Add me I am 37 yrs old and need to lose 30 pounds... hugs you can do it
  • Marlys101
    Marlys101 Posts: 100
    Options
    Hi,
    You'll love using this site. I log into here before anything in the morning. I'm always looking for new motivational friends so feel free to add me.
    Marlys:smile:
  • dre3173
    dre3173 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we are a match I am in the same boat I have lost 24 lbs so far.
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have more to loose than 30 but you can feel free to add me...support works!
  • JenniferDLP
    JenniferDLP Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    any of you moms can add me! mom of 2 beautiful babies.
  • MBuckler3
    MBuckler3 Posts: 22
    Options
    Add me if you like. I am always looking for more friends.
  • loveleezee
    loveleezee Posts: 1
    Options
    You can add me as well. I'm new to this too and WE ALL can use some encouragement and motivation. This has got to be the hardest thing I have ever tried to do in my life but I WILL DO IT!!! Your post actually prompted me to seek help from others too. I wish you much success on your journey!!!! :happy:
  • gse313
    gse313 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm a 39 year old father of 4 between the ages of 7 and 19. With well over 100 lbs still to lose, I am getting fit so I can actually be around for their weddings.

Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • kmurphmd
    kmurphmd Posts: 1
    Options
    You can add me to your friends as well, today is day one for me. I am 49 years old and the mother of 3 daughters, workl full time and then after work drive my girls to Irish step dancing 3 days a week (UGH) I need to lose about 35 lbs and need all the support I can get. I am very active so can definitely offer fitness support.
  • SouthernCountryGirl
    SouthernCountryGirl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Good morning and welcome!! I'm a few years older than you (49) lol but I have still have 35+ pounds to lose. I log in daily and I promise you, the more support you have the better able you will be to work through the ups and downs of your day to day living. Feel free to add me, and this goes to anyone interested :) I just logged 40 days today and the support system I have with the friends I have made on MFP has given me more motivation than I could have possibly imagined! The days I didn't want to get up and move, my MFP friends would boost me up and I'd get up and move, thank heavens lol! I hope you find the support your are looking for :flowerforyou:
  • mahutch1
    mahutch1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you aboard. I am 47 and still have about 25 more to lose. My kids are all grown up (25 and 23) but I run a Mother's Day Out program. This is the best place to be. I have found so many great friends and so much support! I don't know what I did before this site. Feel free to add me too. :happy: