I haven't had an appetite lately! ):

Options
Good morning, everyone!

Lately, I've been nearly having to force myself to eat. My body hasn't been craving or wanting any particular food(s)... food, in general, just hasn't sounded appealing - I think my taste buds are just tired of having the same thing every day... so it just might be time to switch it up!

Does anyone have or know any great healthy recipes? (for all meals of the day!)
Or any brands/foods they really love? (:

I need to be eating more in the day, too - so, the more ideas, the better! (:

Thank you so much!
Raay

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Can you be more specific on what you are trying to look for?

There are tons of free websites on the internet an available to anyone without having to sign up for a membership...
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Took a look at your diary -- is that why you've been eating so few calories lately? You need to eat to stay healthy.

One thing that helped me actually was putting more whole foods into the rotation. Salads can be changed up an infinite number of ways. I'm lazy, so sometimes I don't feel like cutting up veggies, but just buying different kinds of greens changes the taste and makes it more exciting. And instead of buying dressing, I just put on whatever I feel like at the moment, usually a combination of olive oil with some kind of vinegar like white or red wine vinegar, ACV, whatever I have around, with different spices (dill is my current fave). Toss in some protein, like tuna or grilled chicken, and you have a meal. The more I've gotten away from processed and pre-packaged foods, the more I really enjoy my food. And it doesn't have to take much prep time. Hard-boiled eggs are yummy and portable, and all you have to do is put them in the water and walk away until they're done. No fuss. If you have a George Foreman grill, you can just grab an individual frozen chicken breast right out of the freezer and plop it on there, grill it up, and eat it with salsa or salad dressing, or plain. Whatever floats your boat.

I would suggest diary stalking. Look at anybody's diaries you can find, and try to find one new thing every day that you want to try. And eat more! Your body will thank you! :)
  • raayfrancy
    raayfrancy Posts: 100
    Options

There are tons of free websites on the internet an available to anyone without having to sign up for a membership...

I'm just asking for recipes or ideas of what brands to check outt for any or all meals of the day.

What free websites are you talking about though? I'm a little confused..
  • raayfrancy
    Options
    Took a look at your diary -- is that why you've been eating so few calories lately? You need to eat to stay healthy.

One thing that helped me actually was putting more whole foods into the rotation. Salads can be changed up an infinite number of ways. I'm lazy, so sometimes I don't feel like cutting up veggies, but just buying different kinds of greens changes the taste and makes it more exciting. And instead of buying dressing, I just put on whatever I feel like at the moment, usually a combination of olive oil with some kind of vinegar like white or red wine vinegar, ACV, whatever I have around, with different spices (dill is my current fave). Toss in some protein, like tuna or grilled chicken, and you have a meal. The more I've gotten away from processed and pre-packaged foods, the more I really enjoy my food. And it doesn't have to take much prep time. Hard-boiled eggs are yummy and portable, and all you have to do is put them in the water and walk away until they're done. No fuss. If you have a George Foreman grill, you can just grab an individual frozen chicken breast right out of the freezer and plop it on there, grill it up, and eat it with salsa or salad dressing, or plain. Whatever floats your boat.

I would suggest diary stalking. Look at anybody's diaries you can find, and try to find one new thing every day that you want to try. And eat more! Your body will thank you! :)

Thank you so much! I guess it's best to remember the fundamentals of eating - haha... grilled chicken and greens really are versatile! .. guess I'll be going shopping today! -- Yeah, I've been trying to eat but nothing sounds good - I mean, I'm just glad that junk food sounds even worse than what I've been eating. So, I'm not getting distracted by cravings... I think I'm just tired of the routine I have been kinda on... I can't start every morning with low fat organic greek yogurt! Haha..

I know I have to stay on top of what I eat, and make sure I do - because I'm training too hard to not care enough.

I'll go out and buy some basic things today (:

Again, thank you! ^_^
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options

Thank you so much! I guess it's best to remember the fundamentals of eating - haha... grilled chicken and greens really are versatile! .. guess I'll be going shopping today! -- Yeah, I've been trying to eat but nothing sounds good - I mean, I'm just glad that junk food sounds even worse than what I've been eating. So, I'm not getting distracted by cravings... I think I'm just tired of the routine I have been kinda on... I can't start every morning with low fat organic greek yogurt! Haha..

I know I have to stay on top of what I eat, and make sure I do - because I'm training too hard to not care enough.

Again, thank you! ^_^

While you're in the grocery store, take the challenge to try at least one new item of produce, and one kind of meat or fish that you've never tried. Bring it home, and search allrecipes.com for a recipe if you don't know how to prepare it. A couple of weeks ago I grabbed parsnips on a whim, and I'm trying several different ways to prepare them before I run out. When you stumble upon something you like, write it down somewhere!

I tend to make the same old thing over and over, so meal planning helps me a LOT. If you go to www.mealfire.com, you can save all your favorite recipes and put them onto the calendar. Doing that helps me see "oh yeah, we just ate that last week," so I'm more likely to try something new and stay out of the rut. Mealfire will also put together a grocery list for you from the recipes you've chosen, and you can print it out right from the site. Check it out!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

I'm just asking for recipes or ideas of what brands to check outt for any or all meals of the day.

Really nothing to be confused by, if you loaded up Google for 'Free Recipes' or 'Free recipe websites' - you will get slammed with tons of websites available on the internet for anyone to look up.

As far as your asking for recipe ideas... in other words, what specifically are you looking for? I find that when people ask, often people will suggest things and then the OP complains about how "they dont like seafood" or "Im allergic to.....".... makes it difficult to want to contribute when the original post never indicated anything specific to begin with...

Youre the only one who knows what you like so its difficult wanting to share anything that might contain an item you hate or cant have.

I stay away from packaged foods altogether, I only use fresh foods
  • raayfrancy
    Options

Again, thank you! ^_^

While you're in the grocery store, take the challenge to try at least one new item of produce, and one kind of meat or fish that you've never tried. Bring it home, and search allrecipes.com for a recipe if you don't know how to prepare it. A couple of weeks ago I grabbed parsnips on a whim, and I'm trying several different ways to prepare them before I run out. When you stumble upon something you like, write it down somewhere!

I tend to make the same old thing over and over, so meal planning helps me a LOT. If you go to www.mealfire.com, you can save all your favorite recipes and put them onto the calendar. Doing that helps me see "oh yeah, we just ate that last week," so I'm more likely to try something new and stay out of the rut. Mealfire will also put together a grocery list for you from the recipes you've chosen, and you can print it out right from the site. Check it out!

That, actually, is a brilliant idea! I'm getting into the swing of cooking - I'd imagine that this would inspire me very much! (: I feel a lot more reassured! I was nearly feeling a little discouraged earlier - thank you so much for your help!
  • raayfrancy
    Options

Really nothing to be confused by, if you loaded up Google for 'Free Recipes' or 'Free recipe websites' - you will get slammed with tons of websites available on the internet for anyone to look up.

As far as your asking for recipe ideas... in other words, what specifically are you looking for? I find that when people ask, often people will suggest things and then the OP complains about how "they dont like seafood" or "Im allergic to.....".... makes it difficult to want to contribute when the original post never indicated anything specific to begin with...

Youre the only one who knows what you like so its difficult wanting to share anything that might contain an item you hate or cant have.

I stay away from packaged foods altogether, I only use fresh foods

Oh! Well, I'm not picky - I suppose I was hoping someone would have a favorite dish they've created or found online that they'd suggest. --- I am not too keen on mushrooms and seafood, though, I've tried it allllllll nearly and wouldn't mind it... haha... I'm not allergic to anything though. I should've disclaimed that above, I'm sorry - I didn't mean to assume it'd be implicative! I'm new to MFP..

I ought to stay away from packaged foods - it's just so much easier to log into the diary! I guess that's where I'm going wrong... I need to be a little more creative and fresh with what I eat.

Thank you for your time, by the way!