NSV

Options
Abrowe313
Abrowe313 Posts: 189 Member
i weighed in at my heaviest in July of 2011 it scared the **** out of me and i tried cutting out fast food and lost about 5 pounds and then a planet fitness opened by my house in december and i joined the first day they opened! even though it only shows 34 lbs lost on MFP it is 40 lbs since that day i stepped on a freight scale in a warehouse that i was delivering to. the victory here is that i was holding my kid yesterday and playing around with him and put him down because he was starting to get heavy.. he weighs 48 lbs i have lost almost as much as my son weighs and just realized that i was carrying all that weight every second of the day and i used to wonder why i was always tired! almost to 50 lbs lost which will be a quarter of the way to my goal!

Replies

• dlrcpa
    dlrcpa Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    That is great. I remember the day I walked home about .5 mile carrying a bag of dog food, less than 5 lbs, and thinking how heavy that seemed. Every pound matters over a long distance!
    What things are you doing at Planet Fitness? Keep it up!
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Dude you're doing amazing. You're totally one of my biggest inspirations.
  • Abrowe313
    Options
    it depends on what time i get off work and how much time i have to work out i started doing a mile on the treadmill at 2.5 mph and bike 5 miles at level 1, i couldnt do the elliptical at all when i started i did it for 2 min and thought i was goona pass out..... now i can do a mie on the treadmill at 3.7 mph but have been working on the elliptical alot lately instead of the treadmill im up to 25 min on elliptical and i do 25 to 30 min on bike on level 6, and when i have extra time i add in weight training which has only been on the weekend lately because my schedule has been crazy
  • Abrowe313
    Options
    kolmohdee...thank you man! i have to lose this weight i feel like this is my last chance to get control over my weight. and as a father that scares me so thats what motivates me. i want to be around for my son way more than i want to eat cheeseburgers and carry out... i get sick of it, i have days where i dont want to do anything but lay on the couch and order mexican food but, i realize thats how i got to be as big as i am and i push through it. you all have helped me out alot with all the encouragement and kind words!
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!

I wish we had a gym close to our place :-/ It gets tedious doing the same videos in the basement...

There was a list someone posted in the forums a while back, comparing weights of different items. It was really eye-opening when I realized that I used to be carrying a spare tire - literally, a full-size steel-belted Goodyear - with me at all times.

And that's less than half of your son!

Keep it up!
  • Abrowe313
    Options
    will do! thank you
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for sharing :happy:
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    you go man! you rock, that is so awesome :):)
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    That is great NSV!

I always compare my weight loss to a frozen turkey. Because you're not physically carrying the weight in your hands you don't realize what it is doing to you and how much of a difference until you start shedding the weight.

Wonderful, thanks for sharing!
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! Keep up the great progress:)
  • jessicaoliver79
    jessicaoliver79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the good work! :)
  • Meliklotz
    Meliklotz Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    it depends on what time i get off work and how much time i have to work out i started doing a mile on the treadmill at 2.5 mph and bike 5 miles at level 1, i couldnt do the elliptical at all when i started i did it for 2 min and thought i was goona pass out..... now i can do a mie on the treadmill at 3.7 mph but have been working on the elliptical alot lately instead of the treadmill im up to 25 min on elliptical and i do 25 to 30 min on bike on level 6, and when i have extra time i add in weight training which has only been on the weekend lately because my schedule has been crazy
    Try the Cybex Arc!!! They have them at my Planet Fitness. They are big calorie burners and I totally LOVE it. Keep up the GREAT JOB!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!