Chai seeds

Options
So..... how does everyone use their Chai Seeds? I don't really do smoothies very often so what is another way to use them and get the nutritional benefits?

Replies

• myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle them on my salad.
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    chia seeds... (not chai- that is the tea) look up recipes- there are tons, you can put em in yogurt, water, make pudding (my favorite), make jelly... yumm.
  • gettinfit4god
    gettinfit4god Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have issues with texture. I would rather put them in a tablespoon of water and take them like a shot then add them to my foods. I know I'm weird. I also have to shove pill form medication to the back of my throat to take them, but that's just me. Lol!
  • kjmarks11
    kjmarks11 Posts: 19
    Options
    I soak them in water and then put them in my protein shake after lifting. I'm addicted! They stave off hunger and make me feel full a lot longer. What an easy way to get more Omega 3's!
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    I plan on ordering some this weekend. I know quite a few people who have a tablespoon daily to every other day. One person has lost 28 lbs since she started them b/c she is no longer snacking as much.
  • KittyMul
    KittyMul Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just put a spoon of chia seeds in my mouth and swallow them with some water, like a tablet. Keeps me full all morning!
  • omanitshann
    omanitshann Posts: 179
    Options
    i put them in my oatmeal, and sometimes in my sandwiches
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    If you shave your head and put the chia seeds on it, would they sprout and grow like a chia pet?
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    are they good for helping you loose weight and do they have any calories in them? I always worry I will gain if I have them with every meal? When and how often do you take them?x
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    chia seeds... (not chai- that is the tea) look up recipes- there are tons, you can put em in yogurt, water, make pudding (my favorite), make jelly... yumm.

that was my dyslexia coming out :)
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    im dyslexic too xx
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    1 TBL with a yogurt adds a great crunch and no flavor!! (just doesnt look appetizing!)
  • WandaWoman41
    WandaWoman41 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    If you shave your head and put the chia seeds on it, would they sprout and grow like a chia pet?
    . OTFLMAO. I bought a jar of chia and actually planted some seeds- they grew overnight. Still trying to get used to them. I prefer flaxseed.
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I actually soak a tablespoon of chia seeds with my overnight oats for my lunch. I warm it up with some peanut butter and cocoa powder, and it's very filling. You can also take a shot of soaked chia seeds before a meal to help you feel fuller, and if you have them before a sugary dessert of such, the fiber helps prevent an insulin spike. Diabetics love chia seeds to keep their blood pressure leveled out all day :)