Craving Sweets but Don't Want to Cheat

Options
any suggestions on something that's sweet and won't take away my entire calorie count? I always get this craving around night time when I have family over after dinner. I'm italian so they're always bringing over home made cakes, pastries, cookies, and much much more that's just too bad for me.

Looking for an alternative that actually tastes really good.

I already eat yogurt during the day, with berries.
and I also eat nuts with either carrots or a banana during the day also.

Please help!

Thanks!

Replies

• slimpickings36
    Options
    its not great but I have a curly wurly for 115 calories
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I get a craving for something sweet every night too.

I like to mix Fage 0% greek yogurt with sugar free pudding mix (I love pistachio and cheesecake). A little goes a long way, and it tastes like pudding.

Sometimes I will have a Jello sugar free dark chocolate pudding w/ a little cool whip on top.

No sugar added fudgesicles are pretty good too.
  • aliciadicarlo_
    Options
    wow! excellent, didn't even think about that.

THANK YOU!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been cutting up about 4 ounces of fresh strawberries and topping them with a low calorie yogurt and a sprinkle of Splenda and cinnamon.
    There are also several low calorie "ice Cream" products available. I like the Weight Watchers giant cookies and cream bar.
    Sugar free Jello is always and old standby and you can add fruit.
  • leahnoelle31
    leahnoelle31 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Half a cup of plain Greek yogurt, one cup of frozen strawberries, one packet of Stevia all in a blender. Put it in a bowl and top with 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips. Just like ice cream :).
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    My go-to is crystallized ginger. Something like junior mints (about 10 cals each) can be good too, just to take the edge off. There is nothing wrong with eating sweets, as long as it is in moderation. Currently, I'm nursing a cupcake, eating 1/4 when I feel like dessert. It's like 90 cals, and takes the edge off.
  • JohnnyKitty
    JohnnyKitty Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    FIBER ONE BROWNIES!! ONLY 90 CALORIES FOR A DELICIOUS FLUFFY BROWNIE
  • misspgreenwood
    Options
    frozen fruit - raspberries, grapes or bits of banana
  • Breezy415
    Breezy415 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If you think of eating something as "cheating", you're going to feel very deprived! Eat what you want and then just adjust the rest of your day according to what you eat. I do like Skinny Cow ice cream, and the Hershey's mini candies are great too. A few hershey kisses go a long way if you let them melt in your mouth. Weight watchers makes chocolates too....but they're more expensive.