Replies

• cgraham79
    Options
    Yay! That is so great - Keep up the good work
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! keep it up.
    I think I have given up fast food once and for all. I had a really bad experience last week, its so gross I ddon't even wanna talk about it. :S

BUT GOOD JOB TO U!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    that great:flowerforyou:
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. Keep up the good work.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Keep up the good work, love!
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    So proud of you Tabs!! I've given it up for about a week now...anxious to see if the scale has moved....
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Yahooooo!!!

Good for you! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

Keep on Rocking it baby!! :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! I've found that fast food just isn't worth it, for me or my family!
  • katstorm27
    Options
    I haven't had fast food in about 2 months now, but I will say I miss Arby's sooo bad! But good for you, it gets easier not to crave it!:happy:
  • samantha115
    Options
    Great job!!!!! 2 weeks huh? 7 pounds. Thats totally doable. I made the commitment to stop fast food for a month (its my starting goal). How hard was it? I thik Im addicted to McDonalds Grilled chicken. Theres crack in it I tell you.

Kat I miss arbys too!!
  • Luludog1
    Options
    Amazing what just the smalls things can do for our bodies! Nice job:smile:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    so very proud tabs! :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart:

(fyi, i only caved once in the last 8 days - and oddly enough it was arbys, which i never eat! 7 days off the sauce too!!!)
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I"m not going to say I'm done with fast food, because something will come up where you can't avoid it.

However, I have drasticly reduced it's consumption, the other positive with not eating out is you're check book reamins fat while you lose it.
  • GumbyAnne
    GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I would be able to say the same, except for the Burger King I ate yesterday. Yuck. Two hours after I finished it I started feeling like I was hung over. That stuff is BAD FOR YOU and once you kick the habit you will wonder what he charm of it ever was.
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Good for you befor you know it you will say its been 2 years since fast food and lost 70 or more pounds good for you:)

Alisha:smile:
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    Thanks guys!

I was eating fast food every single day. I was eating it for lunch and sometimes for dinner. (I work full-time AND go to school full-time.)

ugh. I felt so gross. It was pretty hard (I loooooooooove whataburger!), but it gets easier!

Thanks for the support guys! :flowerforyou:
  • amerika
    Options
    I am new to this! But I think that this would be a great place to start. I love fast food. And I always tell my self that I can get whatever i want, and that I will make up for it later. But I never do! I will join you on this journey!
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!! 2 weeks huh? 7 pounds. Thats totally doable. I made the commitment to stop fast food for a month (its my starting goal). How hard was it? I thik Im addicted to McDonalds Grilled chicken. Theres crack in it I tell you.

Kat I miss arbys too!!

Ha, Ha!!! There's Crack in them thar Chicken Thangs baby!! :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh:

Well..... there is something that makes this food addicting....
    It's called NO NUTRITION in there. The body is still hungry and wants more!

The only time I ever go to a McD's anymore is on a road trip when nuthin' else is available.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    It's been about 6 months since I've had BK, McD's, Wendy's etc.

I used to have it for breakfast and quite often for lunch or dinner.

What made me stop is when I started to calculate how many calories are in one of those Combo's
    Basically a whole day's worth of calories in one meal.

1500 calories for Burger, Fries and pop.

About 2 weeks ago, I drove by a McD's, and the drive through was packed. Double lane ordering, and both lanes had lineups(10 cars or so), that were so long it was stretching into the "driveway" of the parking lot, causing other people visiting the plaza to get pissed off

I was on my way to get a sub. I could only laugh, shake my head and thank myself that I was not one of those in that lineup anymore.

BTW, McD's grilled chicken is probably one of their best choices to have, if you must go there.

Premium Grilled Chicken classic sandwich
    Calories 420
    Fat 10 grams
    Sat. Fat 2 grams
    Carbs 51 grams
    Protein 32 grams

Compared to a Big Mac
    Calories 540
    Fat 29 grams
    Sat Fat 20 grams
    Carbs 45 grams
    Protein 25 grams

Both sandwiches have more than 1000 mg of sodium.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    the sodium alone blows my mind! i am trying hard to stick with tabs plan with out actually admitting i am committing to it (afraid to set myself up to fail! :noway:) and i have only caved once so far! i also quit drinking for the time being.

lets see:
    bud light has ~110 calories
    on a 'normal night' i would drink 10
    these 'normal nights' would have 2-3 times per week! :noway:
    not counting anything else (occasional shots, whatever)
    OR the fast food i ALWAYS pick up on the way home...

thats 3300 calories per WEEK that i am not consuming. its crazy when i think of it that way! :sick:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!