I MET MY GOAL!!!

Options
When I found My Fitness Pal just about 6 weeks ago, I was at my all-time high weight (not counting pregnancies). Since then, I have lost 13 pounds, and reached my goal weight as of this morning!!! I didn't plan to lose the weight so quickly....I was supposed to be on a 1-pound-1-week track. I guess my metabolism had other ideas!

This site is great for holding me accountable and keeping me honest with myself about what I eat and how much (or how little) I exercise. Being a "detailed oriented" person, and one who loves a challenge, this site has been perfect for me.

My husband and I started this together, so that support is invaluable as well. Having to lose weight is a new concept for me. Until I was 40, I was always too skinny and trying to GAIN weight. I hit 40, and my body decided to slow way down and the pounds started creeping on.

Thanks to everyone here for their silent support....reading these posts has helped a lot. And thanks to Mike for this site!! You rock!

Replies

• dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    When I found My Fitness Pal just about 6 weeks ago, I was at my all-time high weight (not counting pregnancies). Since then, I have lost 13 pounds, and reached my goal weight as of this morning!!! I didn't plan to lose the weight so quickly....I was supposed to be on a 1-pound-1-week track. I guess my metabolism had other ideas!

This site is great for holding me accountable and keeping me honest with myself about what I eat and how much (or how little) I exercise. Being a "detailed oriented" person, and one who loves a challenge, this site has been perfect for me.

My husband and I started this together, so that support is invaluable as well. Having to lose weight is a new concept for me. Until I was 40, I was always too skinny and trying to GAIN weight. I hit 40, and my body decided to slow way down and the pounds started creeping on.

Thanks to everyone here for their silent support....reading these posts has helped a lot. And thanks to Mike for this site!! You rock!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic dmflynt!

Great work, I hope you stick around just to lend your support if nothing else.
    :laugh:
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Congratulations!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'm so happy for you, congratulations, can't wait to get there myself.:smile:
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Wooooo Whooooooo!!!! That is fabulous! I'm thrilled for you.
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    YEA!!!! Congrats! hope you stick around!
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great to hear success!
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    FABULOUS!!! Congratulations!
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: That is great news!!! Congratulations!!!
    Angela
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: Congrats!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • Najah5150
    Najah5150 Posts: 170
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!:wink:
  • baday
    baday Posts: 35
    Options
    Thats great! You need to go to a buffet now and celebrate :bigsmile:
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    No, not a buffet :mad: you need to go shopping for new clothes~~~~:happy:
  • tdroseler
    tdroseler Posts: 165
    Options
    that is absolutely fabulous...way to go.

:drinker:

yes...i also think a new wardrobe is in order...yay!!!!!!!!
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    Shopping is the reward I promised myself!!!! Hitting the mall this weekend! Woohoo! Thanks for the congrats. I hope to be able to return the favor in the near future to each and every one of you.
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!!!

Congrats, that is SO exciting! Buy lots of new, slim fitting things and soak in all the compliments on how lovely you look! We are all proud of you!