Slow Losses...

Options

Replies

• Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race!!! I lost 30lbs since last March (2011) I have not lost 1lb since this past January! But there has not been one day that I wanted to give up - it didn't come on overnight, so I know it's a lifestyle change for it to come off!
  • cristileigh
    cristileigh Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Count me in with the rest of you. Its tough when its so slow!
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    To everyone frustrated out there, check out a thread that TheOfficialEpic created called ask me anything about losing weight/fat loss. Dude really knows what he's talking about!
  • joolie3
    joolie3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    OMG it seems like a mountain I climb on a daily basis over the same darn 3 pounds. My body does not let it go readily and it is easy to get discouraged. Hang in there. We're doing more than trying to lose weight - even if you didn't lose another pound at least you are putting better things in your body, right? At least that is what I keep telling myself - every time before I have had a drastic weight drop, I have put it on just as fast. In it for the long haul.

But yeah. I want to punch em too. :)
  • sherim71
    sherim71 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Put me in this club as well. Doctor's records have me at 221 on Feb 1st of this year. Now I'm 209 on May 15th. I've been bouncing between 208 and 211 for three weeks.

But I know I can work out more. So that's my plan. AND my pants are getting bigger, so I'm going with that!! A couple of people have said that my face looks thinner, my hips don't look as wide. I know I'm getting stronger and not out of breath as much. So I am trying not to focus on the number so much so that I can keep staying positive. :flowerforyou:
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 pounds in 9 months.

No stretch marks for doing it slow.

Wheeeee!
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    You are for sure not alone!!
  • ffhsanfran
    ffhsanfran Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    no loss in 6 months. eating habits and appetite have changed so much though.
  • missingsocks
    missingsocks Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya!!!! 41 lbs in one year!!!!! uhhh! But I just gotta think to myself....well hey, at least I am 40lbs lighter and healthier than I was a year ago, atleast it didn't go the other way and got heavier! And I do know, and I am so proud of myself, that I did stick with this for a year now and haven't given up, and I know that I do have the will power to continue these good habits! It does suck, but just be proud of yourself that you have been able to do this for yourself!!!

Yes ^^^ I love this ^^^ "40lbs lighter and healthier than I was a year ago, atleast it didn't go the other way and got heavier!"
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Definitely aren't the only one! I've been on here about a year (full time) and I've only lost 26 lbs so far. I was down to 30 lbs at one point, but I slipped a little. Oops. But, I'll get there, and so will you. Just keep doing what you're doing and in time, you'll get where you want to be!
  • Onesnap
    Options
    I completly understand too. I have been up and down with the same 7 pounds for months now. I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I eat the same breakfast every day and my lunch and dinner does not vary too much from day to day. Even though I am staying within my 1500 calories, I eat a lot of snacks thoroughout the day.

Sometimes I feel weight loss is not meant for me:indifferent:

If you're eating clean it should be easier to keep off that 7.

Are those snacks whole foods or processed?
  • jeaninemckinney
    Options
    Same here...ive lost 12 pounds since around january! Havent lost anything in about 2 months and its driving me crazy! It shouodnt be so hard! But im happy im not 12 pounds heavier so im sucking it up and adding more workouts and trying to eat even better! Just trying to tweak it to see if it helps if nit then i guess ill try adding some cals cuz im only eating 1200 maybe its to little for me! Good luck to u all we will get there! :bigsmile:
  • judypriv
    judypriv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Me too. i have lost 12 lbs. since 1/3/12. That's it. I HAVE lost 24 inches though so it must be something, right? Right?
  • gretchenwb
    gretchenwb Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Just remember how long it took us to gain all this weight...it was NOT overnight....and it won't come off overnight. Persevere....remain steadfast...run! This is about changing our lifestyle...right? I am clinging to the evidence of my tape measure (2# off my hips-my largest part:laugh: ) and how I feel!
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I'm at a crawl!
  • Onesnap
    Options
    Darlings,

Do not give up. I am a slow loser too! Try to find OTHER ways to know you are making progress. Are you stronger? Are you breathing better? Are your clothes fitting differently? I have been here for six months and only lost 25 lbs BUT people have started (this week only) making comments about how different I look. I get stuck for weeks and weeks at the same weight or bouncing back and forth and then one week it will go down 2-3 lbs. One post I read said to count weight loss my the MONTH not even by the week because of fluctuations. You can totally do this!! Think TURTLE not HARE!!! Much love to you all!!!

Meg

Agreed. And also, what's the doctor saying? How's that blood work looking? Is the blood pressure and cholesterol down?
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm in basically the same boat as you. I am currently set-up for 1 pound a week. I didn't have a scale when I started in February 2011, but I'm pretty sure I've only lost 20 pounds in that time- but in that time I got married, horrifically sprained my ankle, moved to another continent, graduated university, travelled a lot, moved to a house with my husband, and started working. I didn't log from May-September 2011, and after my wedding in October, I took a few weeks off the scales, and then I sprained my ankle. So I yo-yoed a bit, and have only been serious about this again for the last 2 months. Some people can see that as excuses, but I feel confident in myself and my abilities. Although it's been a longer road for me as well, I've never (and will never) get to the weight I was for my whole young adult life before I found MFP (I'm a lower weight now than when I was when I was 16). So basically, don't be worried about it, just keep on trucking, we're all in this together :)
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I've been losing slowly for the past year.
    When I started on MFP it was discouraging to me to realize that even if I lost a pound a week I'd still be obese one year later. I've lost over 60 pounds, but still don't cross from obese to merely overweight until I get under 160.
    Who would buy a "magic pill" that promised they would still be obese next year?
    Having said all that, I'm very glad I stuck with it and will continue both my food and exercise changes. Real life is seldom like a TV show or commercial. Results take time and commitment for most of us.
  • tiffster4
    tiffster4 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You aren't the only one. My progress has been really slow. Since January 3rd of this year I have only lost 11.5 pounds. I was hoping to lose about double by now but I have kept it off and that's more important to me than losing it quickly and maybe gaining some back. You will get there, I promise!!! :o)
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Not alone...I've been at it for over two months & have lost 10 pounds. Did it the other way a few years ago.....lost 40 in about 3 months & guess what...it all came back