Hello everyone!

Options
My name is Emily and I'm from Michigan. I'm 28 years old. I've let myself slip a little bit this summer and I've gained 10 pounds. That brings me up to 180. I like this webite a lot because it is very personalized and breaks down exactly what you need to do to lose the weight and not only keep it off, but make the methods part of your lifestyle. My boyfriend is a chef and we're constantly cooking amazing meals, but the problem is that I overeat. I look to this site for inspiration and ideas from all of you people! I walk 3 miles everyday and I'm trying to start looking objectively at myself and the habits I've created around me and change some of them. I also love watching the biggest loser because I feel that if some of those people can remain committed and lose the weight, nobody has any excuses. I hope that in the next few months I will be able to look to other people here as inspiration and for new ideas and ways to keep myself motivated!

Thanks for reading :)

Replies

• ♥seoid♥
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • shellybelly83
    Options
    Welcome!:smile:
  • LittleEva44
    Options
    Hi Emily I would LOVE to be in your shoes (boyfriend is a chef I mean). If you want to lose 10 pounds eat 1,250 calories. Have your boy friend make you salmon...yummy! He cooks with Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I'm sure); so tell him NOT to cook in butter/margarine (so below has wheat products and Extra Virgin Olive oil). You want to eliminate as much "fat" as you possible can in order to lose 10 pounds. He grills everything so ask for grilled veggies on the side. Go to www.prevention.com. They have TONS of healthy recipes you can hand over to your boyfriend. Have him make you a pizza stone (he'll know what I'm talking about (Jesus I DO envy you!): Bobili wheat pizza dough, Extra Virgin Olive oil, light mozzarella cheese, veggies, and low fat pepperoni slices (organic). Wheat spaghetti w/chicken or shrimp, Muir Glen organic spaghetti sauce, wheat bread (with dippin sauce), and a small side salad. Since you mentioned you "over eat" the wheat foods you intake will help you stay and feel FULL. Have him make you a grilled chicken salad with NO dressing (extra virgin oil dressing). The rest is up for you to do (exercising). May I suggest you walk 3 days a week for 30 minutes. Stay away from pops/sodas and drink only a diet drink during dinner time. Don't eat red meats. Eat fish, chicken, turkey, etc. Eat your turkey burgers on wheat bread, NO french fries, NO mayo, and NO cheese (have him add avocado slices since that's the good fat you sub for the mayo and "cheese"). For dessert you can have a skinny cow chocolate & peanut butter sandwich. Eat lots of veggies, fruits, drink 64 oz of water a day; drink black chai/green tea, eat any type of nut (sunflowers, almonds, walnuts, etc). When he makes you an omlet for breakfast ask for only egg whites....and don't have him use ham. I'm sure he also cooks in Pam. Drink soy/skim milk. And remember not to eat any FRIED foods. Good luck and blessings!
  • omeslice
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all of the suggestions! It's nice to know there are other people out there that can offer advice and support!

I love this site :)
  • namaste0810
    Options
    HI Emily
    I just started myself. Im a huge fan of the biggest loser. The courage they have has made me realize that I can do it to. Would love to stay in touch with you.