Workout DVDs

Options
I'm looking for workout DVDs that are similar to the 30 Day Shred, but are from someone that is not Jillian. I like her just fine, but I want to try something new and I don't have any idea where to start. I'm not ready for anything like Insanity of P90X though. Anyone have DVDs that they love?

Replies

• teeens77
    teeens77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo is an awesome alternative to Jillian. The best part about Tae Bo is based on cardio, but you can include strength too by keeping muscles contracted or adding weights. Which DVD is up to you...Target and Walmart have a good variety of them for really cheap. And you burn SO many calories! I have a 90 minute DVD and often times I'll only do half, still earning roughly 500 calories. Good luck!
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I always had fun doing Tae-Bo. If you don't feel like your ready for INsanity, P90X or TurboFire, maybe something like TurboJam would work for you also.
  • ColleenAtherton
    ColleenAtherton Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Power90 (not the X version) program and I like it.

But it's the only workout dvd I've ever tried, so I'm not sure how it will compare to 30DS.
  • Jenph20
    Jenph20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've never done Jilian before, but I have done a few Beachbody programs and i LOVE them. Insanity, p90x, brazil butt lift, and asylum. They are all tough, but it gives you something to work up to. I'm a Beachbody coach, so if you have any questions about any beachbody programs, I can get answers for you :) I also have a ladies only support group on fb. If you want to join, send me a message :)
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    I'm still taking suggestions, but I had completely forgotten about Tae Bo. Thanks guys. I'm ordering one of Billy Blank's DVDs off amazon and I'm already excited to try it out!
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,448 Member
    Options
    Results 10 Days to a Better Body with Cindy Whitmarsh ~ Two 30 min. workouts one is upper body and one is lower body.

10lb Slimdown Xtreme with Chris Freytag ~ 6 Xtreme workouts that are all 40 min. (upper, lower, total body, core, yoga & kickboxing) 4 recovery workouts that are 20 min. (upper, lower, core & yoga) and 3 10 min. workouts (upper, lower & abs)

Workout: One on One Training with Jackie Warner ~ Three 20 min. workouts (upper, lower & core)
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I like Bob Harper's workouts. Most of them are longer, though, and a lot harder than Jillian's stuff. I think it's somewhere between Jillian and the Beach Body workouts in terms of difficulty and time committment.
  • girl_brett
    girl_brett Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I just did Jackie Warner's 30 day jump start and that was awesome! I can't wait to see the results...I like it much better then 30 DS. She actually has a total of 5 videos and I bought them all.

There is a website that I went to called collagevideo.com. You can view clips of practically any workout video around! This was something I really enjoyed so that I could see if I would like it based on what I saw! This might be helpful for you as well!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I like Bob Harper's workouts. Most of them are longer, though, and a lot harder than Jillian's stuff. I think it's somewhere between Jillian and the Beach Body workouts in terms of difficulty and time committment.

This was going to be my recommendation. I've gotten a few of Bob's DVDs and they are all tough, satisfying and WAAAY less annoying than Jillian. But definitely that same type of strength/cardio combination.

I liked some of Jackie Warner's stuff when it was on exercise tv but I haven't owned any of her videos.
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I like Jari Love's Get Ripped series. The weight training DVDs are easy to follow and a great workout too!