another NSV for me!

Options
myjourney2
myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
Actually 2 NSVs. They are small but very significant for me!

My husband and I went to buy dog food last night. We got to the isle and I saw the brand we get so I grabbed a 40 lb bag from the shelf and as I was putting it in the cart (with no effort whatsoever) I looked up and saw my husband staring at me with his mouth open. It was then we realized how far I had come in my journey! I used to have to get a sales person to get the dog food for me and then I would struggle to get it into the truck.

2nd NSV- I was looking for new sandals last night and was bent down trying them on when my husband came over and asked me what I was doing. Thought it was a strange question until I again realized - here I am bending over doing up sandals , no sitting in the chair struggling to bend over my belly and getting dizzy from what should have been a simple task. I was actually standing there trying on sandals without holding on to anything, no chair, no dizzyness and no effort!

I love these little NSV'S :love: It really makes this journey worthwile!

Replies

• schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Those are both great NSV's. And it's sweet that your husband notices these things :)
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel - I gave myself a pedicure this past weekend and I was able to bend over with out all that stuff and able to cross my legs to pumice my feet easily!
  • Jweb8969
    Jweb8969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    wooooohooooo for you!!!!

these are BOTH amazing NSVs!!!! i think we're given these small daily reminders - which are really HUGE things in our lives - to let us know that we are on the right track ~ which you DEFINITELY are!!

congrats ~ and keep up the great work!! :)
  • skb12573
    skb12573 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Those aren't small at all. I think those are big victories! Wow! Great for you! You have your life back!!!
  • xNJAx
    xNJAx Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! Congratulations!

(I don't think those are small things - I think they're really significant tasters of how much more you can accomplish when getting fit and healthy. You're obviously making good progress and that's something to celebrate!) :)
  • sla456
    sla456 Posts: 21
    Options
    Great victories! It's the little things like that to make it all worth it! Way to go!!
  • michelleranee
    michelleranee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I put on a cookout last week for 150+ people at work. Last year I could have never done that being obese. I had so much energy. It is the smallest changes that mean the most. Keep up the good work.

15516068.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Not small at all!!! Those are amazing!!!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    that is awesome! Fitnesspal has made me realize how important it is to celebrate the NSV's!!
  • fayglet
    fayglet Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Your husband sounds like a sweetie, btw!
  • slainger
    slainger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    isn't it wonderful to be able to do things that are "normal" with no thought or effort! Congrats!
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    SUPER NSV!!! Congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!