Zumba

Options
Has anybody heard of or tried Zumba? I've been doing it for about 6 months and have lost about 35 pounds.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• penguinlady
    Options
    I love Zumba! It's so fun! I've just started taking it.:smile:
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I want to love Zumba! I have a dvd but i've yet to try it!
  • jfilon
    Options
    I live by zumba! I'm actually going tonight. :wink:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Just got done with my first class and loved it it was great.
  • ZumbaNana
    ZumbaNana Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's been the only exercise program that's really fun. . . it's dancing like I always wished I could. Everyone has a ball and you sweat like crazy!!! Have fun and keep those hips moving. Oh yeah, hollering out once in a while is lots of fun too . . .

278631.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    what is Zumba? a dance?
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    Just got done with my first class and loved it it was great.

Wow you have lost 125lbs, That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kaley5
    Options
    this is crazy!!!
  • MiniCita
    Options
    hey Kaley 5
  • MiniCita
    Options
    hey Kaley 5
  • Kaley5
    Options
    haha
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    I have the DVD and I love it. I really want to do a class too ... I bet that's even more fun!!
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Is it like salsa dancing?
  • glandis
    Options
    I zumba 3-4 times a week and I love it. I lost 20 lbs this summer! I am pictured here with my instructor who is the best!!
  • ZumbaNana
    ZumbaNana Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Classes are way better than the DVD. Especially if you get a good, enthusiastic instructor. I never like fitness classes or the gym - too shy (hence why my head is missing from my profile pic). Once I stepped out of my comfort zone and started going to class, I almost hate to miss a class. All sizes, shapes, sizes and we all just sweat, laugh and shake our hips. It's basically latin-based music and dancing. Don't worry about no rhythm - you won't need it!

278631.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I took Zumba at my gym when I could still afford a membership. It was amazing!! I loved it, and the inches seemed to just fall off.
  • cheshirekat
    cheshirekat Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    There is a zumba class at my Y every Thursday, and I went for the first time last week. It was really fun, there were tons of people taking the class so it might be a good way to socialize too, but I had to bolt right away. I didn't know there was a video maybe i should look into it!
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go to the class at my rec center on Thursday night for the first time. I'm excited - it sounds way fun!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I don't think I have the coordination, or the guts for Zumba... I don't usually dance in public unless alcohol is involved! :drinker: :laugh: Anyone else the same way? I'm kind of nervous to try it!
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have the coordination, or the guts for Zumba... I don't usually dance in public unless alcohol is involved! :drinker: :laugh: Anyone else the same way? I'm kind of nervous to try it!

That's the best part about doing a Zumba class! Everyone is awkward and uncoordinated. And you really don't need any rhythm, just keep moving your feet!