goal outfits

Options
Hello all,
Just wondering if anyone out there has purchased an outfit to motivate them to lose weight? Did it work? How did you choose what size? Do you go for your end goal weight or something part of the way?
Would love to hear if this worked for you.

Replies

• Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I did, about a million times before it actually worked though. I fell in love with a vintage dress & hung it on my wall until I thought it would fit. By the time I tried it on, it was too big :/
    But now I have these teeny tiny shorts as inspiration to get into the gym & lift my butt.
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    nope, just looking good naked is my goal.
  • missdebbieg
    Options
    In my head I have picked out a thousand outfits. I think jeans and yes, there will be some along the way and some at the end. I have not worn jeans in at least 5 years.
  • Kaylyn221
    Kaylyn221 Posts: 123
    Options
    Shorts. Tiny shorts. Granted I have not bought any shorts to hang up as motivation yet but everytime I go to the store I check out the shorts or envision in my head what my legs will look like in some tiny shorts and when I say tiny I mean in the since of short, shorts. I haven't worn a pair of shorts in about 12yrs. Living in Florida, I am so ready to wear a pair and feel great in them at the same time {and NOT have them ride up the inside part of my upper thighs lol}.
  • agbaeb
    agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yes! I've often shopped for my next size for the next season. :) I had gained weight post-marriage (about 15 lbs.) and decided I wanted to lose it and get back to being comfortable in my skin. At the end of summer, at my heaviest, I bought summer clothes for the next year that I would be able to be wear ONLY if I reached my goal. It was exciting to have a new outfit.

Lol...I actually bought a summer dress at that size I was and by the time summer came around, it was too big, so I had to pass it on to a friend. Good for her, but that dress was super-cute! Good thing I bought it on clearance! lol
  • misspiglet71
    Options
    I agree, you'll know then you can look good in anything
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I have my clothes from last summer. I have had my small shorts hanging up in my room for months. Sometimes I sit and look at them...but mostly they make me depressed because Im not that thin anymore and I cant seem to fit in them. Its sort of like torture a little.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    A crop top! I have one, it fits, but it doesn't really look great. I want to be able to wear it with short shorts in the summer.

As for how to pick the size...I went onto the sizing chart for my store of choice, looked up what I think I'd like my measurements to be (based on what seems realistic from here) and chose the size that corresponded.
  • westdove
    westdove Posts: 174
    Options
    I have 2 pair of jeans that I used to wear, one pair, its been 11 years since I got in them. THAT is my ultimate pair of jeans to get into.
  • peacegirl3
    peacegirl3 Posts: 7
    Options
    My niece gives me clothing that is no longer "cool." I have several super cute pairs of size 5 shorts that I really want to be able to wear this Summer. I try them on once a week. They help keep me focused. :-)
  • acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have outfits I used to wear that I cant wait to fit into again!
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I didn't pick out an outfit, I had some jeans that were given to me, that I always wanted to be able to get in... so I used them as my goal. So I am still 1 pound short of my goal weight, and the goal pants are now loose on me .... :)
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I agree, you'll know then you can look good in anything
    exactly, but i'd probably never want to wear clothes again!! lol
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I have a jeans in a size 8 and a backless sirt in a medium hung in my closet. The jeans are designer and I got them for so cheap that is they never fir right..I can consign them.

I also have a size 6 J. Crew dress from a gazillion years ago..at that point I only needed to lose 20lbs :sad:

I just want these clothes to fit..not right..just fit..because they don't now!!:smile:
  • ErikainGA82
    ErikainGA82 Posts: 11
    Options
    I actually bought a t-shirt that's from my favorite characters on a TV show. I bought it two sizes too small, one: because I'm losing weight at a steady rate and I didn't want it to be too big in a few weeks, but secondly: to motivate me to keep pushing. I talk to the people of the TV show, on my t-shirt, on Facebook, so I can't wait to lose more weight, and send them a picture of me sporting their t-shirt with confidence. It’s trivial, maybe even goofy, but it's working. lol
  • ikimtnarud
    ikimtnarud Posts: 5
    Options
    I have my clothes from last summer. I have had my small shorts hanging up in my room for months. Sometimes I sit and look at them...but mostly they make me depressed because Im not that thin anymore and I cant seem to fit in them. Its sort of like torture a little.
  • ikimtnarud
    ikimtnarud Posts: 5
    Options
    I agree, having your old clothes you used to be able to wear is a double-edged sword. It's motivation to keep trying them on until they fit but it can be depressing too.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I've got them along the way. A few dress options for my b-day. Another one for later in the summer. I even have some mini goal jeans (I think I will return then though...they are too thin). I have a "goal" skirt that was my favorite and then was too small.

I have around 80 pounds to lose and I am almost halfway there. I had a handful of things in my closet that did not fit so they were mini goals. But some have been surpassed. I had a summer weight suit I couldn't quite fit. Well it fit and got too big a few weeks later so I just donated it.

In the past I purchased a few "goal" things. Pants on clearance or something one size smaller, but it wasn't until I was in the mindset to lose weight that the outfits became motivating.

I do have a final goal (get a theory suit). And I won a contest so I have some lingerie as a goal that I got for free. :) I am hoping I was able to guestimate what my bra size will be at goal properly.
    So this is my goal "outfit" for now. I got it in my goal sizes.
    charlotte_padded_bra_6931_red-black.jpg
    charlotte_highwaist_brief_6917-red-black_1_2.jpeg