New and Determined

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Crystal and I have been trying to lose weight for the past 2 years. I gained 30 pounds when I got pregnant with my daughter and still haven't lost any of the weight that I gained with her. I recently went to the doctor and the nurse was stunned when she saw my weight. She informed that I was the same weight when I was 9 months pregnant. I proceeded to cry my eyes out. I've never really had trouble with weight until having a child and now no matter what I do I can't seem to get rid of it. I know that my sweet tooth is a huge problem for me. I am trying to cut them out of my diet but it's a lot harder than I thought it would be. I would just like to make some friends to help motivate me and give me some advice and in turn I will do my best to motivate you. I added this app to my phone a while ago and then never used it. Today I came across an ad for it and realized that I already had an account. I've been playing around with it for the past hour and I really like it so my goal is to log on everyday and just maybe this site and you wonderful people can help me get down to my goal weight. Looking forward to meeting new friends!! :smile:

Replies

• PSTreasure
    PSTreasure Posts: 40
    Options
    Welcome! My name is Pam and I am new here, also. I have been at it for the past 3 weeks. Well actually I have been at the game of losing weight most of my life! I finally have my head in the game and am determined to get healthy!! I joined a gym, have a trainer and have changed my eating habits. I wish you well on your journey!
  • mtraver88
    mtraver88 Posts: 78
    Options
    Hi Crystal,

I came across the same thing today. lol. This site is great and the people on here are awesome! cutting sugar out of your diet is super hard. I think the key is to do it slowly. If you just cut out everything, honestly, you'll go into withdrawal and want to quit immediately (that's my experience anyway). I will gladly help you in any way that I can. Feel free to friend me or message me and we can come up with a plan that works for you. ;) You can definitely do this though! Keep up the good work!!!

take care,
    Michele
  • Dncing78
    Dncing78 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ugh, baby weight. Yup, still have 60lbs(!)of it hanging around five years later. For me, it's SALT that I love, but I learning how to still have it, but just in moderation! I'm here ever day , feel free to add me! You are in the right place!
  • savingsunday
    savingsunday Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Good luck on your weight loss journey! It always seems so hard at first but it does get easier. (My problem is actually keeping it off :laugh: ) Feel free to add me as a friend!