Feeling tired and run-down

Options
I woke up this morning and I felt so weak that I could barely move. My arms and legs feel as if they have lead weights tied to them....what can I do to "perk up" so I can get my workout in for today? I have exercised every day for the last ten days and don't want to mess it up.

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I woke up this morning and I felt so weak that I could barely move. My arms and legs feel as if they have lead weights tied to them....what can I do to "perk up" so I can get my workout in for today? I have exercised every day for the last ten days and don't want to mess it up.
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Take a day off! You will feel better and your muscles need to recover. Go for a nice long walk if you feel you have to do something but that is it. 10 days in a row is too much! I know its difficult but your body will thank you.
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Yep I agree, you need to give you muscles a break and give them time to repair themselves. A leisurely walk and some stretching might help to relax the muscles a bit too. :flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Hate to agree, but a walk will be enough. I'm a bit of a workout addict and have a hard time taking a day off. My days off are walking and/or yoga.

Could be emotional too. Some mediation might help.
  • persian_dancer
    Options
    Wow, everyday for 10 days? I think you should take an easy day today. I don't know what you actually do everyday. I usually do a workout video for at least 25 min. everyday, but I have at least 1 or 2 days where I just go for a half our powerwalk or jog a bit in the woods. As long as you are doing something that involves moving that you wouldn't normally do in your daily life is good for your body, but so is relaxing. Your body needs time to heal after workouts.

My other suggestion if you really want to workout hard today is to eat an apple. That usually gives me this unusal amount of energy or psych yourself into a workout thinking about those skinny jeans or your ideal body that you want. Stay positive and don't be hard on yourself if you need a "rest" day. I hope this helps.

Jessamyn
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    My regular workout is 40 minutes on the elliptical (varying resistance), and 20 minutes lifting weights every other day.
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    i still say take a rest. When you weight lift you actually get tiny rips in your muscle tissue which is what can causes the aching and pain the next day. These are then repaired by more muscle tissue which is how you gain muscle and tone up. So give your poor little muscles time to repair and enjoy the day off that way you can come back tomorrow with more energy to work out :bigsmile:
  • ladydi
    ladydi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    When I feel like that I take a nice hot bath with some kind of bath salt. Then I will try to get a massage for my honey but that doesn’t work all:grumble: the time so I just kind of massage myself and stretch. That should help!that normally loosen me up.:smile:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Take a walk with the kids. Pack a lunch and hit the park
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Options
    Yes, take a rest. You deserved it!

Last time I was doing my workouts 10 days in a raw I was dead on day 11 :laugh:
    Tomorrow you'll be like newborn! :smile:

Go to the cinema or watch a dvd with a bowl of air popped popcorn :smile: