Help Im in a funk & have NO energy or Motivation

Options
I dont know what is wrong with me. I have absolutely no energy or motivation to do much of anything. Its been going on for over a month. Im so tired. I do what I have to in order to take care of my 2 boys, but beyond being a mommy, I have nothing to offer. I just graduated LPN school so that stress is off my shoulders. I jsut dont get it. I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT SO BAD! I WANT TO HAVE ENERGY ADN A LIFE EVEN MORE> WHat is going on? Even typing this is almost more than I can bear. I feel like a zombie.

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    The obvious answer is- have a good talk with your doctor, and have him/her do some routine bloodwork. You should also examine your diet, and make sure you're eating enough, and getting enough nutrition. Chasing after young children requires a lot of energy. I notice you don't log your food lately, but on the days you did log, you weren't eating nearly enough.
  • xStargazerx
    Options
    You need to try yoga. Its so easy and doesn't even seem like much but you feel great afterward and then could pump yourself to start working out again. Do you think your depressed? I hope this helps! I know how it feels to be in a funk. I have two girls and you do feel like a zombie sometimes..lol.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    i agree u need to see a doctor. perhaps it is related to ur emotional health so consider speaking to a counselor or mentor. sometimes u need inspiration!
  • kokonutmama
    Options
    What you're experiencing isn't normal; it's cause for concern. Make sure you're eating enough. Talk to your doctor.

ETA: I just noticed that you have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Isn't very low energy a symptom of that condition? Have you dealt with this before?
  • momma2boys0609
    Options
    Well today I still didnt have the energy to get on the treadmill and run, however I was able to push myself to do some housework, which is a start. :happy: I am hoping that as time passes & I am able to catch up on some much needed rest, that my energy level will begin to rise. Oh, I also did 500 abdominal crunches today. I split them up where I did half this morning and the other half this afternoon. Man am I feeling the burn. After having 2 c-sections within 2.5 years I cant beleive how weak my abdominal muscles are. I know they were flabby, but WOW!!! So, I am hoping to continue the abdominal exercises and begin adding weight training and cardio soon. I hope thiscomplete lack of energy was only temporary...! :wink:
  • fordwilson89
    Options
    I use an all natural drink called EMV. Check it out on the web.

www.the-team.biz/mv993452 or a direct link to the product at

http://www.the-team.biz/mv993452/TheProduct/TheBlend/MonaVieEnergyDrinkEmv/tabid/250/Default.aspx

You can purchase directly through that site if interested.

It works great for me. I run every evening at work and I find it hard to even motivate myself to come to work, better yet come to work and run.

GOOD LUCK!