B-12 shot...

Options
So, a friend of mine told me how she goes and gets these B-12 shots and it gives her energy. She said they're only about $20, so I figured I would try it..

Has anyone ever had one? What's the deal? Did you like it? I don't drink much coffee and really just use my own energy to get through the day.. Do you think it would pump up my metabolism?

Replies

• GreenDayChick820
    Options
    From what I've hear B-12 does help with giving your body more energy. And its a lot healthier than drinking coffee everyday. I've never had the shot but I know if you don't want you to get the shot you can also get B-12 capsules at any drugstore. They cost anywhere from 5$ to 10$ depending on how many you want. I hope this helps.
  • wendyjane
    Options
    I used to get B-12 shots from a naturopath. They were five dollars each. I felt great afterward but I don't know if it was because I expected to feel great. I guess either way it was good. My friends told me I looked more awake and they didn't know I had taken the shots.
  • gvarner
    Options
    I received B12 shots from a doctor for a period of 6 - 9 months and I kept waiting for the surge of energy that everyone else was saying they received. I never felt any different when I received them or when I didn't. Save your money and make sure you eat enough protein each day. You'll get a better weight loss result and will receive energy from the protein.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I had two of them, made me feel a little speedy. The problem I had once I stopped taking the shot - I got canker sores in my mouth. I had never had canker sores before ever - when I googled canker sores It says you can get them from lack of B-12 so I'm thinking - when I stopped taking the shots - my body freaked out
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    This was all such helpful info.. i've come to the conclusion of not doing the shot. I think I don't want to send my body into anything not natural.. And I hate Canker Sores! lol. Plus, I got to thinking that my fellow co-worker is a lot older than me, so I bet it helps her a lot more. Thanks guys. God I love MFP!!
  • cwvanek
    cwvanek Posts: 111
    Options
    They make B-12 strips. They're kinda like the Listerene mint ones. You just put one on your tounge every morning and it dissolves. I found them at the local drug store. It's $2 for a thing of 20 of them.:glasses:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    actually... i'v e been wanting to get a b-12 shot cuz one of my friends got it and yes she had a lot more energy, i cud tell cuz in school she got more alert and more focused. ALSO i noticed she wasnt so hungry as often and started losing a lot of weight. but then again she started working out too...so i dunno if that helps any