From Insanity to Chalean Extreme

Options
Started with Insanity and completed a couple of times, tried a few other programs. But I lost interest quickly, just doesn't make me feel like I did anything. Insanity spoiled me on that rush for cardio, enough to lose over 50 lbs. Then I started Chalean Extreme, it is defiantly not like Insanity in the cardio department, but much more. This program uses weights and muscle burns fat. Not your ordinary weight lifting program, goes from lifting dumbbells to cardio. The extreme ab workout is killer and I actually feel my abs getting stronger and also building some muscle that Insanity wasn't doing. If you have completed Insanity, give this one a shot, you will not be disappointed.

Replies

• bassman92
    bassman92 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking Insanity might do me in....maybe I could start off just a little crazy?:smile:
  • DonSlowikFitness
    Options
    That is what I though also, you can only do what you can do. I was 272lbs when I started, couldn't do any of the jumping. But I did not stop the tape, kept moving, trying, took breaks when I needed them. But kept pushing play and digging deeper every workout just to get further than the last. Trick is to keep that heart rate up and it will speed up your metabolism, which is not easy in us old guys.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    What about Les Mills Pump!? I did CLX after Insanity and it was a bit slow for me. I am doing turbofire now, love it, but on a break since i sprained my ankle last week
  • DonSlowikFitness
    Options
    Les Mills Pump was more barbells instead of dumbbells. I am sure it is a good program. I have one CD from Turbofire, it is high speed. Had a hard time learning the moves, they move to quick, changing up for this ol man.
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I just finished Insanity and loved it. The cardio rush and calorie burn was perfect for me. I am a 42 year old woman and after doing Insanity I am at my maintenance weight and in the best shape of my life. At 5"2" and 110 I like burning as many calories as I can so I can eat.
    I am trying to decide on my next challendge and will have to check out Chelean Extreme and Turbofire. I do weights at the gym so would like to stay with the intense cardio if possible.
  • evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have INSANITY and I was afraid it is gonna do me in as well. Thanks @Donslowikfitness - you've motivated me to give it a shot and just to do what I can do.
  • DonSlowikFitness
    Options
    Thanks Evelyn, I think I am blushing. Good luck to you and if you have any questions on Insanity how to build yourself up to do the exercises let me know.
  • jazzycupcakes
    jazzycupcakes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have done P90x, but was very interested to see if Chalean Extreme works good. Happy to see these responses!
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I just went from Insanity to CLX too. I love how calm CLX seems after Insanity. Next I do want to try Turbo fire, but maybe keep some of the lifting days as well. Insanity was a little disappointing for me because I didnt burn a lot of calories at all. However I still got super hungry after doing it, so I ended up gaining a little from the program.
  • clovr24
    clovr24 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I started CLX after Insanity as well and love it, especially as I haven't done much with weights before. Instead of her cardio workouts, I've been running - but now I'm going to mix in the Plyo and Cardio Circuit Insanity workouts as well (only for 6 weeks until my next half training starts, because otherwise that is a crazy schedule!)
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Do Insanity: The Asylum.....this is my favorite workout program from BB so far....

I am hearing great thing about Les Mills Pump also.

I did love CHX when i complted it a couple years ago....
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am doing CLX now. I was too intimidated to try Insanity or P90x. I love CLX. I just finished my first month and lost 12 inches total. I haven't dropped a lot of weight but my body is shrinking! : ) I have seen some people who do hybrids of CLX and TF or CLX and Insanity! I am thinking about this after I finish CLX. I am thinking about Insanity because I think then my husband would do it with me. I don't think he would do TF! : )
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Just started the push circuit last night, I agree I love this workout program. I feel stronger, and love the cardio/ strength mixed workouts too. Good luck with the program!
  • DonSlowikFitness
    Options
    didn't expect that big of a response, thanks guys and gals. Feel free to friend me on your progress. I have been mixing CLX with Insanity on the rest days. Today was fit test for Insanity as a warm up and then Burn 2. Stick a fork in me I am done.
  • bassman92
    bassman92 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    You are 100% right Don......I may have to get hold of an Insanity program and give it a try, You do this everyday?
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Chalean...but I've gotta say her TurboFire is my favorite over Chalean Extreme. You're right about getting the cardio rush...it's nice! For weightlifting, usually I go to a gym and do my lifting there.

Glad you're enjoying the program. I love Chalean, she's my fitness role model!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I'm actually doing a hybrid of Insanity and ChaLean Extreme and it's great because it's major cardio and strength together. I like Shaun T, he makes me push harder, but I have a special place in my fitness soul for Chalene, she's so motivational and positive and I just like working out with her.
  • cybil66
    cybil66 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I went from Insanity to p90x and have to say I am sooo bored with P90x. It is very hard to stay motivated. I'm goingnto stick it out, but I am already thinking about what to do next. I dont want to be bored with the workouts.
  • jlguerra87
    Options
    I did insanity, then CLX because of all the ads on insanity. It was a hard transition for me, started loosing interest because it was so different, not so crazy, but I did notice more muscle definition, so now I'm going to start a hybrid of insanity and clx, hoping for the best of both worlds. BB doesn't have a hybrid of the two, but I found one online from a beachbody coach, after looking it over it seems to make sense. Excited to see where it will take me!