Holland and Barrett whey protein

Hi does anyone know if the whey protein from Holland and Barrett is a decent one? (its in a red tub)

Nutritional Information

Each(22g)serving contains:

Energy 350kJ
and 83kcal

Protein
16.6g

Carbohydrate
1.4g

of which sugars
0.8g

Fat
1.2g

of which saturates
0.44g

Fibre
0.1g

Sodium
0.06g

They are currently doing a 50% off so the price is good too?

Also, I know this topic has been covered so many times in so many different ways - but if someone could please advise if I should even be drinking protein shakes according to my own body needs?

I exercise 5-6 times a week doing mainly interval cardio and strength (Jillian and Bobs dvds mainly). Swim, cycle and play squash - I workout between 45 and 60minutes and burn about 500 calories a session. Im starting to get a lot more muscle pains than I have before but I know Im working out harder and longer and Im wondering if its because I dont take a protein supplement or if not related at all.

Many thanks for any input support or advise :)

Maryanne x

Replies

• smiverz
    smiverz Posts: 40 Member
    i use it and get on fine with it. it wont be the best u can buy as normally you would get anywhere between 20g- 50g per serving. but for price and taste you cant go wrong. i get the banana flavoured 1 and normally put a scoop and a half or 2 scoops in so the protein level is higher.
  • acr0bat
    acr0bat Posts: 8 Member
    Works for me too. I've had strawberry but found it a bit too sickly sweet. The vanilla I like. Mixed with milk it's like custard. What's not to like? :)