Thoughts on Diary Entries

Options
What's everyone's thoughts on entering your food before you eat it. Like if I know what I am going to have for dinner and go ahead and factor it in, is that helping or hurting me?? Thanks!

Replies

• ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I enter the things I know I'm going to eat so that I can plan some of the meals/snacks a little better. I know that if I don't get to about 1700 calories before dinner, that I probably won't hit my calorie goal for the day.
  • bikingpanda
    bikingpanda Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time. My wife and I have our meals planned out for the week and I will wake up and enter in what I can and adjust as I go along. That way I know what I am going to have and know what I can have for a snack if I get hungry inbetween.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I almost always pre log, I'm usually a meal or two ahead, because I almost always know what I'm going to eat. I pre plan my menus, but sometimes I can't put things in till I have made them, like with dinners, and sometimes I'll put something in, then maybe didn't eat it or ate less so I take it away or change the amount. I dont complete my diary till I am absolutely sure I have finished eating, usually about 2 minutes before midnight LOL!!! I have such a high goal, it takes planning to meet it.
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch most of the time and I try to plan out dinner early in the day so like others said I know what snacks I can have. Whether or not its a rest day factors in as well since I don't have my excercise calories to eat.

I log in as much as I can and adjust for unexpected items.
  • Ritzbrit
    Ritzbrit Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah why not? I do it especially when I pack my lunch for work. For example, I won't be able to remember what kind of turkey breast I added to my sandwich and how much. It helps give me a better idea of what calories I have left for the day.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Since I bring my lunch and snacks to work I usually go ahead and log it first thing in the morning - about 80% of the time i know what i am planning for dinner so i will go ahead and log that as well...

I find it allows me to see how my day is mapped out and if I am staying within my macros. It also gives me wiggle room if I find I have more calories to consume...

If I put it in and then wind up not eating it (sometimes happens with my snacks as some days I find I am simply not hungry so I don't eat them) I simply deleate it
  • betteringmyselfeachday
    Options
    Absolutely pre-log, just adjust as necessary! :) It helps you know what you can eat, and when you can have a little more or need to cut back. Helps you stay on track! Especially when you are going out to eat, I try to research what I'm going to eat so I can plan accordingly! :)
  • 365daysoffit
    Options
    Thank you for all the responses. I feel better about pre-logging now!! :)
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    90% of the time i log ahead... planning meals can be beneficial n keep you on track
  • Insangelous
    Insangelous Posts: 33
    Options
    If you can keep it then - and if it maybe stops you from snacking or overeating, then sure! But if you end up eating more and have to face typing in more and then feeling super bummed about that, then maybe not. If it works for you, then I say go for it! :)
  • 365daysoffit
    Options
    If you can keep it then - and if it maybe stops you from snacking or overeating, then sure! But if you end up eating more and have to face typing in more and then feeling super bummed about that, then maybe not. If it works for you, then I say go for it! :)

All excellent points! :)