Glad to be here

Options
Hi everyone, I am a male in my mid-20's and just joined this site last night. While in college, I was a personal trainer and competed in several bodybuilding competitions. For several years, weightlifting and proper nutrition were the cornerstones of my life. However, after graduating college I moved away from home and got a job where I just sit in a cubicle all day. After being at work for 9 hours, I would find myself tired and started putting off going to the gym. I also just started getting more lazy in regards to nutrition and alot of times after work I would need a few drinks. And then of course after a few drinks, you feel like eating some greasy junk food. Anyway, its been several years now, and I feel like I have really let myself go. It's quite depressing to look at my old competition pictures and then look at myself in the mirror now. However, it also gives me hope that I can get back to where I was. The thing with me is that I know all the correct things to do in order to get in shape; its just a lack of willpower and not actually doing it when the time comes. I will often do good during the week and then go out to a bar on Friday and Saturday night and totally blow all the progress I made from Sunday through Thursday. Anyway, I'm ready to make a commitment to lose the weight now, and I think tracking all my meals and posting on these message boards will help keep me accountable. And if anyone has any questions regarding diet and exercies, I am more than happy to help. Like I said, I consider myself pretty knowledgeable on these subjects; the hard part is just doing it.

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    Welcome...glad to know you. You'll be back in competitive shape in no time at all. :drinker:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I think you'll find a lot of motivation and help on here to get yourself back on track. Good luck!
  • shellybelly83
    Options
    Welcome! I too tend to do okay on diet and exercise for a while, then comes the weekend where I drink a lot of alcohol and make bad food choices. So I have decided to stop drinking until I reach my goal. I've done it before when I worked out with a personal trainer, so hopefully I can do it again.

Good luck!
  • tweeter84
    Options
    Welcome! I too tend to do okay on diet and exercise for a while, then comes the weekend where I drink a lot of alcohol and make bad food choices. So I have decided to stop drinking until I reach my goal. I've done it before when I worked out with a personal trainer, so hopefully I can do it again.

Good luck!

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, most of the people I work with usually just want to go out for drinks after work. It's hard to say no, especially when you need to relax after a long day at work. My problem is that I lose all my willpower regarding food after a few drinks. By the way, that drink in your picture is looking pretty good right now!
  • tweeter84
    Options
    How do you all get those charts at the bottom of your posts that show how much weight you have lost?