which is better splenda or truvia

Options
2»

Replies

• 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Whichever sweetener you prefer is the right one.

I use Splenda, regular sugar, or honey depending on the dish/drink.

^YES.^ All this "THEY'RE ALL CHEMICALS THAT WILL KILL YOUUUUU" is crap.

I personally would rather lick the floor than taste Splenda (sucralose), so I keep a box of Truvia packets. Of course, I don't love the taste of that either, so I usually go 1/2 and 1/2 with regular sugar. ;D
  • 1gtcole
    1gtcole Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Look at the ingredients. If you can't pronounce it, chances are your liver can't either.
  • foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I like Truvia cause its natural and sugar is a no no for me cause of the glycemic index. I only use real sugar after a weight training session.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Use regular sugar so you aren't getting all of those chemicals.

^^^ This and honey. I avoid chemicals in food at all costs. I'd rather live longer than lose a few extra calories. I also dislike the chemical taste...

I'm with ya, Pal...................there hasn't been a 'fake' sweetener yet that I can tolerate. A bit of sugar works............all things in moderation, right?
  • bena0218
    bena0218 Posts: 41
    Options
    thanks guys im really happy with all of these options and now i know what im goin to use thanks
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    If you are going for a no calorie sweetener, Truvia. But Stevia in the Raw is a better Stevia sweetener. Stevia is a plant, fyi, so it's natural. You can actually grow it at home.
  • frannarvaez
    Options
    Honestly, do you believe that regular sugar grows in plants as apples and pears?

Saying that you prefer regular sugar because it's more "natural" is naïve to say the least....

Neither sugar nor splenda or truvia are "chemical-free". And neither is almost everything in your kitchen.