Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

P90X Question ???

Hey there,

A friend of mine gave me P90X and I have never used it before so which disc should a newbie to P90X
start with? If you can list the disc's in order that would be good for a newbie it would really help.

Thanks

Replies

• Alycra
    Alycra Posts: 88 Member
    If you go to the beachbody site, it can actually set the program up (which one on which day) for you. I think they also have some downloadable schedules, but don't quote me on that one.
  • mtread13
    mtread13 Posts: 31 Member
    I assume that they didn't give you the book that goes with it? If they did, it has the sequence in it.

Going from memory though --

Day 1 - Chest and Back, ARX
    Day 2 - Plyometrics
    Day 3 - Arms/Shoulders, ARX
    Day 4 -Yoga
    Day 5 - Legs & Back, ARX
    Day 6 - Kenpo X
    Day 7 - Stretch or Rest

You do that for 3 weeks and then the recovery week is different. I can look that up, but that should get you started.
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    You start with:
    Chest/Back
    Shoulder/Arm
    Legs/Back
    Core
    Chest, Shoulder, Tricep
    Back/Bicep
    Ab ripper

I think I forgot a few. There is a worksheet that you can follow on teambeachbody website. Also, I have a fb support group for p90x if you like to join. Message me and I can send you the link.

Julianne
  • dellrio
    dellrio Posts: 131 Member
    Most people just use their own order of discs to focus on what they want to do, everyone has different goals.

For me I do:
    Monday: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps + Ab Ripper
    Tuesday: Plyometrics
    Wednesday: Arms, Shoulders Triceps + Ab Ripper
    Thursday: Kempo
    Friday: Depends on my plans for night - either core synergistics or plyo again + Ab Ripper
    Saturday: Depends on my plans for night - either core synergistics or plyo again
    Sunday: Legs + Ab Ripper

I dont like the Yoga since it is so long - and sometimes if I am bored I will throw the cardio-x (only 45 minutes) into the mix at a different tim during the day. Really depends what you want to do, just make sure once you set your plan you stick to it.

Use any of the workouts and push yourself hard, if your body can not handle it - dont be afraid to sit out a few minutes or pause it. I am 45 days into the program, on day 1 I could barely do any of the Ab Ripper exercises, now I can keep up with the video. Also for the weight training on day 1, I was sore from only using 10lb weights, now the 25lbs. are easily doable
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    I assume that they didn't give you the book that goes with it? If they did, it has the sequence in it.

Going from memory though --

Day 1 - Chest and Back, ARX
    Day 2 - Plyometrics
    Day 3 - Arms/Shoulders, ARX
    Day 4 -Yoga
    Day 5 - Legs & Back, ARX
    Day 6 - Kenpo X
    Day 7 - Stretch or Rest

You do that for 3 weeks and then the recovery week is different. I can look that up, but that should get you started.

Nope no book :ohwell:
  • Calif_Girl67
    You start with:
    Chest/Back
    Shoulder/Arm
    Legs/Back
    Core
    Chest, Shoulder, Tricep
    Back/Bicep
    Ab ripper

I think I forgot a few. There is a worksheet that you can follow on teambeachbody website. Also, I have a fb support group for p90x if you like to join. Message me and I can send you the link.

Julianne

Ok Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • Calif_Girl67
    :flowerforyou:

Thanks for the help and tips!!!

So is P90X basically for building up Muscle or is it also Cardio or both?

Do I need to do cardio along with this or just this everyday?

I haven't even looked at any of the exercises but I am sure they will kick my butt since I have never done P90X.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    teambeachbody.com

If you join there (it's free) it will tell you everything you need to know for all the programs. You can print off fitness sheets, schedule workouts, track weight and measurements. I use it to keep track of what I am supposed to be doing. Add me if you need any help with P90x. I am on day 30 of my second round

PS This is Classic schedule:

Weeks 1, 2, 3:
    Chest & Back with Ab Ripper X
    Plyometrics
    Shoulders & Arms with Ab Ripper X
    Yoga X
    Legs & Back with Ab Ripper X
    Kenpo X

Weeks 4:
    Yoga X
    Core Synergistics
    Kenpo X
    X Stretch
    Core Synergistics
    Yoga X

Then new schedule and programs for weeks 5, 6, 7
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member

Yes, this. It is where I got my schedule.
  • Calif_Girl67
    teambeachbody.com

If you join there (it's free) it will tell you everything you need to know for all the programs. You can print off fitness sheets, schedule workouts, track weight and measurements. I use it to keep track of what I am supposed to be doing. Add me if you need any help with P90x. I am on day 30 of my second round

Weeks 1, 2, 3:
    Plyometrics
    Yoga X
    Kenpo X

Weeks 4:
    Yoga X
    Core Synergistics
    Kenpo X
    X Stretch
    Core Synergistics
    Yoga X

Do you have to be a member of there website to join and get this info? What about doing cardio along with this?
  • used2bstutes
    used2bstutes Posts: 1 Member
    You can just download the work out sheets right from the website, and google the schedule. If you had the book, there are actually 3 different schedules you can follow. You can also buy a P90X iphone App and it tells you which to do on what day and you can track your reps and weight with it also.

the link is http://www.beachbody.com/text/products/programs/p90x/P90X_Worksheets.pdf

this isn't from the beach body website, but it is one of the schedules... http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.com/

Good Luck =)
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    teambeachbody.com

Weeks 1, 2, 3:
    Plyometrics
    Yoga X
    Kenpo X

Weeks 4:
    Yoga X
    Core Synergistics
    Kenpo X
    X Stretch
    Core Synergistics
    Yoga X

Do you have to be a member of there website to join and get this info? What about doing cardio along with this?

Yes you have to be a member but it is free. I sometimes do cardio but find that p90x is really enough for me
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    I downloaded the program on my iphone and my ipad. I use my ipad when working out to log the reps and weights I use on the lifting days. It's a added bonus if you have the phone or the pad to use rather than writing it down. I wrote it down at first.
  • Calif_Girl67
    ALso whats the best way to logg P90X?? I don't see it in the database of exercises :ohwell:

Anyone else know if its someplace in the database for exercise on MFP??
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    ALso whats the best way to logg P90X?? I don't see it in the database of exercises :ohwell:

I haven't found anything on MFP that gives a accurate reading for the workouts. I wear a HRM and I go by that. I created my own exercises, put in the program time and titled them the same as the discs, so now I just use one of those and enter the calorie burn listed on my HRM. There is a website that gives you an idea of a caloric burn for the programs, but that too was very generous on the calories.
  • Calif_Girl67

I haven't found anything on MFP that gives a accurate reading for the workouts. I wear a HRM and I go by that. I created my own exercises, put in the program time and titled them the same as the discs, so now I just use one of those and enter the calorie burn listed on my HRM. There is a website that gives you an idea of a caloric burn for the programs, but that too was very generous on the calories.

Do you logg it as cardio or strength? Just so I know how to logg it
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    I log them as cardio circuit training. Not ideal, but it works as far as entering the workouts consistently. I created and exercise for each of the workouts and just click on them and adjust the calories burned.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Plyometrics is very hard, I would start with Cardio X or Yoga X.

I dont know what order it goes in, sorry. But I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and I totally love it. :)
  • asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    :flowerforyou:

Thanks for the help and tips!!!

So is P90X basically for building up Muscle or is it also Cardio or both?

Do I need to do cardio along with this or just this everyday?

I haven't even looked at any of the exercises but I am sure they will kick my butt since I have never done P90X.

BOTH!! it has some fitness guidelines that you need to meet first and that should be at beachbody.com .. are you new to hard workouts or just this particular set?? If your not already spending an hour a day (thats the average p90x video) working out I would customize at first. I did one round and was really impressed with the results and wish you the best!! DECIDE COMMIT SUCCEED