Anyone use the Pedometer Plus app for the Iphone?

Options
I need a pedometer desperately. I found this app and was wondering if anyone uses this and if it works. :happy:

Replies

• amalthea23
    amalthea23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm using the nike fit one on my nano. So far, so good.
  • Ritzbrit
    Ritzbrit Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I like to use the Map my Walk App on my Iphone
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I use the ARAWELLA Corp. Pedometer with GPS (Free app) on my iphone 4. Seems to do the job.
  • kimmers1027
    kimmers1027 Posts: 122
    Options
    Thank you.. I well check all of these out before I pay for an app !! Do these apps tell you how many calories you burn or do you have to figure that out?
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    I just got it, haven't been able to test it fully yet
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    I have it. But need to test it out too!
  • kimmers1027
    Options
    Please let me know if it works and what you think. I need something that tells me how many calories I'm burning.
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I use iTreadmill as my pedometer. It has a place to enter in stride length and uses that to measure distance, and I compare that to the GPS length, so I can correct if needed. Calories seem low though.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Thank you.. I well check all of these out before I pay for an app !! Do these apps tell you how many calories you burn or do you have to figure that out?

The one I use (SEE above) Does tell you how many Calories you have burned
  • kimmers1027
    Options

The one I use (SEE above) Does tell you how many Calories you have burned
    [thank you Big Dave.. I'm downloading it!]
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I use this app, but for time and distance only. I have a HRM for calories. This app does well at steps, time, distance, mapping the run, etc but the free version only holds one day's data at a time. So I just take screen caps after each session. I like it.
  • Acourtmarie
    Acourtmarie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mapmyrun.. I have an android phone and so far I love this app!
  • kimmers1027
    Options
    Ok BigDave.. I downloaded your suggestion and so far so good. Seems pretty accurate.. Thank You!:happy:
  • kimmers1027
    Options
    Ok.. Tried it out. In 70 minutes, I did 888 steps and it says I burned 191 calories. Can that be right?
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I use Pedometer Free GPS+ for my iPhone. Not sure if that is the same as the one you were looking at. Mine is almost right on with the amounts that MFP gives for calories burned.
  • kimmers1027
    Options
    Yes.. That is the one I downloaded. I guess I will keep it. Thank you!