Help! Italian bakery pizza calories!? w/pic

Options
I went to Nino D'Aversa italian bakery and i got this thin slice of pizza ( i mean like the crust is paper thin and not much cheese and i dapped it with a paper towl to remove some of the oil/greese). I thought it wouldn't be too bad because theres alot of veggies and like hardly any crust. But the calories of Nino's pizza arn't on mfp and i have no idea how much calories it is, i really hope its under 300 cals because i ate most of my calories for the day, not including this slice for lunch, and i still have to have dinner. How much calories do you think its around?

Aurora-20120515-01488.jpg

Replies

• hereicomeskinnymini
    Options
    can somebody quote my picture to help people see because i actually have no idea how to post a picture lol :)
  • Pooker89
    Pooker89 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I went to Nino D'Aversa italian bakery and i got this thin slice of pizza ( i mean like the crust is paper thin and not much cheese and i dapped it with a paper towl to remove some of the oil/greese). I thought it wouldn't be too bad because theres alot of veggies and like hardly any crust. But the calories of Nino's pizza arn't on mfp and i have no idea how much calories it is, i really hope its under 300 cals because i ate most of my calories for the day, not including this slice for lunch, and i still have to have dinner. How much calories do you think its around?

Aurora-20120515-01488.jpg
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    want.

(sry...im no help...just hungry now) ;)
  • Pooker89
    Pooker89 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Take the [IMG]and make it img (SO pretty much just lower case it). Also I'm not sure how many calls are in Nino D'Aversa's Pizza. :P Sorry no help You could always look and see if they have a website with that information (most places have that now )[/img]
  • hereicomeskinnymini
    Options
    its okay thanks alot though :)) any one have a estimate?
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    ahhh pizza was my downfall. I cant look anymore lol
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    honestly, i think its gonna be a tough one to estimate without some guessing....
    i see what looks like 1/4 of a green bell pepper, maybe 2 whole white button mushrooms, 1/4 of a red bell pepper, 1/2 of (likely) full fat mozzerella, maybe 5 whole black olives, i bet theres 1/8 cup of sauce under there (keep in mind most pizzarias add sugar to their sauce), and what...1/4 of dough?

again, i'm really guesstimating here...trying to judge based on size relation to plate/silverware...

what size pie was it? a 14"?

easiest thing to probably do is look for a comparable 14" thin crust veggie pizza and assume that piece is a 1/6 of the whole.

i feel like the food CSI (calorie scene investigator) LOL

ETA: I think your guess of around 300 might be decent. i just looked at a bunch of thin crust veggie pizzas, and they clock in anywhere from 190 to 400 for 1 to 2 slices. i think the thin crust was a smart move!