Fitbit Discontinued?

Options
LilacDreamer
LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
A few (2-3) weeks ago I saw the fitbit being sold in target.

I went there last night to buy one, and it's completely gone. The only mention of the fitbit on target.com is part of the Xbox360 package. The same goes for walmart.com...no other mention of the FB being available at all. Is it being phased out of stores? Maybe it didn't do well enough....?

I had intended to buy a fitbit from a brick & mortar store with a decent return policy, that way if I tried it and found it wasn't "for me" I would be able to return it without going through the hassle of shipping it back and such. Guess I'm out of luck.

Replies

• LilacDreamer
    Options
    bumpity bump bump
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    doubtful.

http://www.fitbit.com/

and ya gotta offer more than 5min before a bump. ;)

i think amazon has em, and theyre return policy is pretty good.
  • sweiland1
    sweiland1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I saw them at best buy a few weeks ago.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    My local 24 Hr Fitness gym sells it. I bought mine online though at the fitbit site.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I also heard that fitbit's customer service is top notch if there are any issues.
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    I also heard that fitbit's customer service is top notch if there are any issues.

Well for me it's not about having issues with the device....I wanted to physically buy the device from the store and try if for a few days. If I liked it and felt it worked well for me, I would keep it - if not, I could just walk back into the same store and return it.
  • stephslosinglbs
    stephslosinglbs Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    They sell them at Brookstone if you have one near you. I love mine!
  • LilacDreamer
    Options

Nope...can't say that i've ever heard of Brookstone before, :\
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Personally if you going to spend the $100-$200 get yourself a good HRM instead. The Fitbit tracks steps etc. but is not accurate for anything other than that. You can get a good HRM for around the same price and it much more accurate (IMO) - I bought the Garmin FR60 with Wireless Sync Kit from Ebay for $100.00 ..
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    Personally if you going to spend the $100-$200 get yourself a good HRM instead. The Fitbit tracks steps etc. but is not accurate for anything other than that. You can get a good HRM for around the same price and it much more accurate (IMO) - I bought the Garmin FR60 with Wireless Sync Kit from Ebay for $100.00 ..

I already have an HRM...I have a Polar FT7.... but I want a fitbit for walking....
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Best Buy has them.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options

I already have an HRM...I have a Polar FT7.... but I want a fitbit for walking....

Can't you get a footpod that connects to your hrm?
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    The stores may have had the old one, they now have the Fitbit Ultra that also tracks stairs and sleep patterns. I LOVE mine. It really has became the "Do Not Leave the Chair without it" device!
  • Incredmrse
    Incredmrse Posts: 33
    Options
    from what I understand, Target isn't going to have a contract with amazon anymore, so no more kindle and maybe that goes for the fitbit too.
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I got mine a month ago at Best Buy.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    Target pulled the Kindle, and the feud begins. :laugh:

Buy the Fitbit on Amazon, and if you have to return it, I'm pretty sure they will pick up the shipping - all you do is go online and print a label and send it. I think it's easier. Of course I'm a super loyal, satisfied Amazon customer.
  • LilGiselle21
    LilGiselle21 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I got mine a month ago at Best Buy.

^^^this
  • bookin01
    bookin01 Posts: 19
    Options
    I purchased my Fitbit from Best Buy in April 2012 and love it! It's easy to use and it makes me push for the 10,000 a day...if not more... :flowerforyou:
    10637305.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Nope...can't say that i've ever heard of Brookstone before, :\
    Garden state plaza
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Got mine at Best Buy!