Options
hello I am new at this and hope that this will help me with what I WANT TO ACHIEVE and what i have to do. I am lucky to have the support of family, I just turned fifty and had to have a stint in my heart . at the end of october i will have anouther one put in on the other side of my heart. along with that i am diabetic with uncontroled blood sugars. I have been advised to quit smoking, eat right, in general start taking care of myself ,something i have obviously not done in the past. for me all that I am beinig told is a little bit overbearing and I am haveing a problem making the decision to accept what i have to do and do it. fortunately my sister in law introduced me to myfitnesspal.after taking a look at this program it seems to be something that will make things easier for me to follow through with controling my diet and ultimatly my diabetes. so once again Hello and I look forward to reading more of other members success stories. good health to all.

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Welcome HOME !! I am happy to hear that you are going to take care of "YOU" and we here at MFP will help you in anyway we can! We all feel your health is VERY important and this is an awesome sight that can help you achieve your goals!! Take ONE day at a time and always plan for the tomorrow!! I wish you the very best cuz you are worth it!
    vhuber
  • stint
    Options
    Thank You I dont know if that was for me but it is nice to know that there are people out there that care and take the time to help others. I also offer the the same invatation to anybody in need of conversation or support. thanks
  • 2kaizen
    Options
    Hi Stint,

Check out the success stories and you will see you are not alone in the challenges you face. Some here are losing a little weight and others a lot. This site has been inspiring to so many others and it is ALWAYS here for you.

You can do this and this site can help. And I would bet that not one of us has done it "perfectly" but rather are on constant course corrections.

It doesn't matter how many times you get knocked down, only how many times you get back up.

Go for it! You CAN do it!

:flowerforyou:
  • stint
    Options
    thank you that means alot to have support like that:smile:
  • scrappinville
    Options
    OK I am the stupidiest person in the world... can't figure out how to post a question... but of course I can reply to a message... Help would be greatly appreciated! Obviously I am new to this site and its late and I am tired and don't have much energy to figure this out after working out... so PLEASE help!
  • stint
    Options
    I dont know If I can be of much help to you because I also am new to this site, to top that I am also new to the computer I just learned a few weeks ago how to turn one on, so Im pretty much in the dark so maybe we can learn togather and keep each other up on new information. get some rest
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: