Is P90X worth the money?

Options
I am interested in purchasing P90X for myself and my husband but am hesitant to do so because of how expensive it is. Please let me know how you liked or disliked the program, if it worked for you, how well it worked and if you think you got your money's worth from it.

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Anything that you commit to is going to be worth the money. The program works if you stick to it AND follow the diet. If you don't plan to commit to one or the other, you won't get the results you want.
  • Scott_P
    Scott_P Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Any exercise program should work if you commit the time and energy into it.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    If you do it, absolutely! If you don't do it, nahh. Not worth it.
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    It's a good, balanced program... but tough. IMO, worth the money and effort... You'll either love or hate Tony Horton at the end... or in the middle... or after the first yoga day (which was when my disdain began... but then we turned a corner during kenpo) There are a bunch of folks around here that are beachbody coaches and can probably give you more specific details or maybe other ideas... my thought would be, take a look at ebay for a set... you can probably save upwards of $40 - $50...
  • crazy8ts
    Options

Genius in your simplicity!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    ONLY IF YOU USE IT
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options

ABSO-FREAKIN-LUTELY
  • superdrood
    superdrood Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It's been worth every penny to me. It does require that you have a decent set of dumbells (I can't abide using the bands personally but that's me) especially if you want to go heavy so there may be an additional investment if you don't have them already.

I've been using the DVDs as either my main workout or to supplement for almost a year so again yeah, definitely worth it to me.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options

Simplicity always is best.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    There is quite a torrent of different programs flowing through the internet, at very reasonable prices. :bigsmile:
  • SweetDorothySweat
    SweetDorothySweat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    If I were you I would download a torrent for free and try it out before you purchase. Try kickasstorrents.com and put p90x in the search bar. You may need to download Utorrent to be able to do this. It's all free though. ;) I also found out in the first day (just started it) that I needed dumbells (5-8lb for me) a pull up bar, and possibly a stretch band. Sigh. See what I'm saying? Alot of money is going to be spent as it is. Good luck.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    If I were you I would download a torrent for free and try it out before you purchase. Try kickasstorrents.com and put p90x in the search bar. You may need to download Utorrent to be able to do this. It's all free though. ;)
    Dude, when it comes to suggesting piracy, at least be subtle about it.
    I also found out in the first day (just started it) that I needed dumbells (5-8lb for me) a pull up bar, and possibly a stretch band. Sigh. See what I'm saying? Alot of money is going to be spent as it is. Good luck.
    Are you attempting to justify not paying one company for their product because you have to buy an accessory from another? :huh: So, doctors should not get paid because we have to go out and get a prescription, right?
  • ccfessler
    ccfessler Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love the program. Real intense and the sessions are long. So you need to make sure it is something you will commit to do. Yoga dvd is not my favorite, but love the plyo.
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    You have to be willing to put in minimum 4 days a week and be ready to work hard. I completed it 3 times then switched to using it as maintenance along with running.
  • crazy8ts
    Options
    Some may not like the band *cough - superdrood/* but the videos give you alternatives to using pull up bars by using the bands... Depending on your fitness, it may be best to start off with the bands until you build up your strength... my first attempt at p90x, I used the total gym (how's that for crossing product/program lines!) for the pull up work... I completed the program on my second attempt, and went full board with the pull up bars... would have been discouraged nailing a pull up and a half at a time on the first go-round...
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I bought it because I needed a planned program and couldn't afford the gym long term. P90X paid for itself in one round and I'm now on round three. My daughter is also on round three and we've both cherry picked from the workouts when we weren't doing the full program. We've gotten our money's worth and then some but we love the workouts (most of them anyway) and have done them repeatedly. Like others have said, if you do it, it's worth it. If it just sits there gathering dust it's not worth it no matter how much or little you paid.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Worth. Every. Nickel. I'd pay twice the asking price...
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I am interested in purchasing P90X for myself and my husband but am hesitant to do so because of how expensive it is. Please let me know how you liked or disliked the program, if it worked for you, how well it worked and if you think you got your money's worth from it.

Amazon has several reviews on Supreme 90 Day System from people that also own P90X and say it's similar in it's use of muscle confusion and 90 day structure. Seems several people regretted not finding Supreme 90 before spending the money on P90. That said, I haven't tried it myself. Just an idea.
  • chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. But, you have to stick to it, other wise it is just money thrown away. I love P90X
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    It was for me