1200 to 1300

Options
I have been following a 1200 calorie daily plan and I exercise almost everyday for at least 40 minutes but some days I find it hard to keep within 1200 (without eating burned calories) and days that I do go over I make sure I exercise. Do you suggest that I keep with what I am doing or boost my calorie intake up to 1300 a day?

Replies

• sweetendeavor
    sweetendeavor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    give it a boost.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    give it a boost, eat all your exercise cals back to NET min 1200...
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I have been following a 1200 calorie daily plan and I exercise almost everyday for at least 40 minutes but some days I find it hard to keep within 1200 (without eating burned calories) and days that I do go over I make sure I exercise. Do you suggest that I keep with what I am doing or boost my calorie intake up to 1300 a day?

You should probably be eating even more than 1300.

Check out the group Eat More to Weigh Less/.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

I find it very hard to understand and confusing when mixing in calorie counting with exercise. So I have decided to just eat my maintenence level and exercise almost daily. I dont have to worry about anything of over or under eating.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    1300 isn't much for exercising 40 mins a day--even if that were walking you'd likely be burning 200 minimum, so netting only 1100 (if you ate 1300 a day)...I'd say 1200 plus exercise calories at the very least!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Just a thought...go fill out the settings. Find your BMR, adjust your weight loss goal/week. Eat those calories. Any workouts you do, eat those too. It works rather well.
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Ha ha I read this as 12:00 to 1:00:laugh:
  • plyosteph
    plyosteph Posts: 17
    Options
    Yeah 1200 is VERY low. I shoot for 1500-1600 minimum and maybe a little bit more if I workout, 30-60 min. depending. The 1200 is mostly for people that don't workout, sit all day, and aren't active at all. And even if they stuck to the 1200 plan they would reach a plateau sooner than later.
  • baribeauc
    baribeauc Posts: 1
    Options
    Not sure how long you have been on the the program and what your weight loss goals are to bring you to 1200 calories a day. I have been on 1200 calories since I began back in September, it has been a long slow process for me to lose 19 lbs. You may want to re-look at your goals. if you are exercising 40 min every day depending on your current weight and effort level you are burning at least 250 calories a day. try not to eat that back. If 1300 calories a day gets you at losing 1 lb a week then and that is more comfortable for you than go ahead and boost the calories just know you will lose at a slower rate. Your exercise efforts and you calorie monitoring will pay off in the long run, keep at it don't get discouraged, you need to be in this for the long haul. Good Luck
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    switch to 1300. if you are not losing at 1300 reconsider
  • francesca_c123456789
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice! I think I'll boost!