Still Stuck on Net Calories!!

Okay i get the whole part where net calories are calories you eat minus the calories you burn .. my thing is i understand that eating 1200 cal isnt good if im burning 2000cal .. my thing is how many calories shudd i be burning ? i bumped my caloric intake to 1310 .. i would like to lose 3lbs per week .. so everytime i do the math i get calorie crazy lol maybe if someone suggested some options that wud be soooooooo helpful :)

age - 19
height - 5'9
weight - 194

thanks in advance !! & friend me if you read this :):happy:

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Okay i get the whole part where net calories are calories you eat minus the calories you burn .. my thing is i understand that eating 1200 cal isnt good if im burning 2000cal .. my thing is how many calories shudd i be burning ? i bumped my caloric intake to 1310 .. i would like to lose 3lbs per week .. so everytime i do the math i get calorie crazy lol maybe if someone suggested some options that wud be soooooooo helpful :)

age - 19
    height - 5'9
    weight - 194

thanks in advance !! & friend me if you read this :):happy:

3 lbs per week isn't healthy and you can't really guarantee how much you will lose each week. You just have to keep at it and the weight will come off.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    You'd have to have a 1500 calorie deficit per day to lose 3 lbs a week, some of it won't be fat.

If you are sedentary, you probably burn 2065 per day, so you'd have to eat 565 calories a day. Not healthy, and you'll gain most of it back eventually.

If you were to exercise 3 times a week, you would see something like the following: 2367 for your burn, so you could take a 1000 calorie deficit from that to lose 2 lbs a week.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    If you exercise between 1-3 hours per week you should be eating 1900 calories (and don\t eat back your exercise calories unless you burn more than 300 in a day, then eat the excesss).

That would get you about a pound per week which is healthy and realistic.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Love all the input from non-medicals here.

Find your BMR. Pretty easy to get close using the settings in MFP, so long as you are honest with the settings. In that, leave out Any form of exercise that goes beyond the "Normal" of your day. Medical studies suggest that the safest weight loss is ABOUT 2 pounds per week/10 per month...

If your BMR is 2500, and you set your goals at 2 pounds per week, you will have a Caloric deficit to eat 1500/day. Any exercise you do adds to the calories you can eat...and in my experience, you should eat them.

If you want to burn more than 2 pounds a week, make sure you are doing more than just cardio. Lift weights. Muscle aides in the fat burning process. In additional your body will not ravage the muscle mass you have now.

All that said...personally, get off the I want to burn X amount per week, and aim for an overall body "look". The reason I say this is that with muscle weighing more than fat, yet being more dense allows for your body to slim down while not losing as much as your "goal". Change will happen for the good.
  • SheAintGivinqUp160
    SheAintGivinqUp160 Posts: 140 Member
    lol at the non medical joke :) nd thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu sheesh finally someone who made sense :heart:
  • LASHAY429
    LASHAY429 Posts: 13
    I AM DOING IT AND THE SCALE IS STILL AT A STAND STILL :(