Feeling like a loser

Options
JenVii
JenVii Posts: 34 Member
I feel like such a loser. I did walk my block today 3 times but I just got on the exercise bike and could only make it 5 minutes. It is very sad how out of shape I really am. Gonna try again tomorrow to do it longer.

Jen

Replies

• 416runner
    416runner Posts: 159
    Options
    Every journey starts with a single step! Add a tiny bit everyday and you'll soon be amazed by what you can do!
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I agree, I couldnt even do one sit up 3 weeks ago, and now im up to 80!
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    been there. push yourself to do one more minute next time you are on the bike. i bet you can do it. before you know you will be doing five extra minutes without even realizing it.
  • JenVii
    JenVii Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words. Last year around this time I could do alot more. Need to get back to that place.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    When I started running a few years ago I could barely make it around the block without feeling like I was going to die; I'll be running my 3rd half marathon is less than 2 weeks.

Persistence is your friend, it may be a difficult path your starting on but the results are worth it.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    When I started getting healthy, I could barely make 15 minutes on my treadmill at 3 mph. I now walk 4 mph warm up, and run a couple miles. Also did a 5k mud run recently. Don't give up. Fight back! You can do this!
  • momeowens
    momeowens Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If I can tell you from my own personal experience, please try to get rid of that negative vocab about yourself. You are doing amazing, you're here and taking it one step at a time. You will amaze yourself in no time. Be proud and we are all here for one another. I think your doing great!
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    The only thing that will stop you from reaching your goal is your negative mindset. You walked around the block 3 times, then went on the bike, why are you not proud of the fact that you chose to do that rather than do nothing? Its still exercise.

Just a tip, it may or may not work for you...I find that going on a bike after walking, I struggle, but if go on the bike first, I can easily walk because walking is like stretching my muscles after riding for me.

So you went on a bike for only 5 minutes, its still 5 minutes of exercise, next time try for 10 minutes or try what I suggested. Dont put so much pressure on yourself. Because of my bad lungs, I can only jog on a treadmill for 30 seconds, and Im out of breath. If I can do 35 seconds Im proud of myself!
  • Parrotman1972
    Options
    It takes time to work up to a good rythm, one day at a time. Don't be discouraged.:smile:
  • jenn2782
    jenn2782 Posts: 47
    Options
    feeling the same way...just had to update my weight tracker so that it showed the weight i gained back. very depressing. Add me I could use some support.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I started on the elliptical about 4 weeks ago. I forced myself to stay on for about 12 minutes so I wouldn't embarrass myself at the gym. It was on 1 for resistance. I thought they were going to have to call paramedics when i got off...not joking. I couldn't go back to the gym for almost a week because my legs and butt hurt so bad.

Now I am up to 30-45 minutes at 12 resistance AND I walk at least 2 miles outside every day. Stick with it. It will go really fast and soon you will be going good. Push through and if you do have rest days, try to do a little. I found that it really helps to just keep moving.

I got a fitbit about 3 months ago so I use that to make sure I get 10,000 steps a day and that is motivating for me to meet or exceed that goal every day.
  • bush_woman187
    bush_woman187 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    this is how I feel doing Zumba! After 20 minutes, i'm ready to fall out in the floor! Take it one day at a time. I'll get up to 25 minutes of Zumba one day and eventually I'll be able to do an hour. :-) Just keep going! Try to be positive and when you feel like you can't, try to see something small that was good amongst your disappointments.
  • djkamin60
    djkamin60 Posts: 88
    Options
    Just keep at it and try to add a little each day or week. When I started walking it was hard at first. Started with 30 minutes and soon found I could go much farther and faster. I now walk almost everyday and use elyptical-type stationary bike on days when the weather doesn't cooperate.

It does get easier if you make the commitment to just do it!
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    It gets easier. Try and do a little more each time, even if it is 30 sec or 1 min. You will be surpised at how much you will improve. Stay strong. You can do this