Motivation for 30D Shred

Options
Ok, So I started the 30 day shred yestarday. I seriously thought I was going to die but I pushed through and finished it. When I woke up this morning my muscles were so sore I could barely get out of bed. I had in mind that I was going to ignore the soreness and repeat level one. After the first circut I gave up. WHERE IS MY MOTIVATION?

Is anyone else having this problem. I need help.

Replies

• Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    When I started 30DS I had the same problem. I was sore in places I didn't know existed. I pushed through the next day, knowing that I needed to show my muscles who was boss. Sore is one thing, pain is another. If you're not in pain- keep at it. Do it as best as you can- even if you can't keep up with the speed that they are doing it. Do it slowly, but do it correctly. I promise, it DOES get easier. I never thought it would- but it does!
  • lem0715
    lem0715 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thank you so much! Just to hear someone else say that it gets easier really helps alot. I also never really though about taking it down to a slower pace. I am going to try that and push my self to the end of the video. Thanks again!!
  • nmp6454
    nmp6454 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    When I do 30DS level 1, I remind myself that the hard part is done (I find the first circuit the most difficult) and tell myself that I am 1/2 done or whatever it maybe. It keeps me moving!

And it does get better each day. Slow down if you need to or ditch the weights for a day.
  • LaylaEC
    LaylaEC Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Keep going! I am on day 5 and after day 1 I couldn't walk down the stairs without being in agony.....it get's better I'm not nearly as sore now!
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    It's so much easier after the first few days. Just keep in mind why you started the program. Do you want to just give up and be the same old you?? Or do you want to change?? It's 20 minutes. You can do anything for 20 minutes. Just do it!! Don't be a pansy and give up!! :)
  • Outdoorsman50
    Outdoorsman50 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My first day and I am glad we can push each other to reach 30 days! Let do this!
  • lem0715
    lem0715 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! I am proud to say that I pushed myself and completed day two today. I can already feel the soreness fading away. I had the best feeling after finishing today!
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am 8 days in. My weightloss had stalled until I started 30 ds. I am down 6 lbs and an inch off my weight. That is motivation enough to keep me going to 30 days!
  • khloee1
    khloee1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just started level 2 day 1.....I thought I was going to die today too! It gets better and the best part is the results....the inches come off! loving it! Poor Jillian I have called her every name in the book. :) Good Luck to you all !!
  • chasing135
    chasing135 Posts: 7
    Options
    I just completed the first 2 days. I am using 5lb weights and am super sore! But in a good way. I really hope I can complete the whole 30 days.
  • Misery03
    Misery03 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    after my first day i coudnt even sit to use the potty!! but i took a really hot bath and not only was that relaxing, it helped stop the soreness by alot! plus more leg stretching than she does in the video helps too, now i do it with no problem! you got this!!
  • Deeranged1
    Deeranged1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am on day 17. When I did level one I hurt no stop for 5 days! I found when i worked out it made my muscle not hurt as bad as long as i kept moving once I was done! And I wasn't able to complete it all till day 9 advanced moves and all! But it is worth it! Keep at it! I have lost 5 lbs and 3 in. YOU WILL THANK YOURSELF WHEN YOU DO IT AND DON'T GIVE UP!
  • fitsporazzi
    fitsporazzi Posts: 10
    Options
    yesterday was my first day and im surprisingly not TOO sore. im about to complete day 2 in about 30 minutes and i hope to be able to complete it. good luck to everyone participating in the 30DS
  • cait0902
    cait0902 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    First few days was killer, had trouble walking (especially up and down stairs) and sitting down was horrible, my legs hurt sooo bad. BUT I would say about day 4, it was less sore, and by the end of level 1 I was a PRO! Now I'm on day 4 of level two, and back to the soreness with the new moves. But just like level one, I will push through it!!! You can do it, Just push through and you will feel soooo good when you finish =)
  • ermickel
    ermickel Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 of LEVEL 3:noway: I felt the exact same way but by the end of level 1 I was ready for level 2 and today I did Level 3! It does get eaiser and I do find that pushing through actually makes the pain go away faster. I do it 5 times a week!

Push through you can do it!!