Lack LaLanne's Juicing-How To Record

Options
I started juicing and need to know how to enter it into the plan. I used 3 whole carrots, 3 celery stalks and 1/2 a cucumber? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Replies

• cecebri
    cecebri Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yep. Me and my roommate are juicing too. I'd be interested in knowing how to log this...
  • HeHealsMe
    HeHealsMe Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I want to juice, but cannot afford machine..I want the Jack LeLane one!! He was the BEST!!
  • jingoace
    jingoace Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have done quite a bit of juicing and I would log it as:

Carrots - raw (or fresh) 3 large;
    Celery - fresh - 3 stalks;
    Cucumber - fresh - .50

Not sure what others do, but I try to log the vegetable or fruit as raw or fresh.

:) J
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    How do you subtract the fiber?
  • 4leggedmom
    4leggedmom Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am curious too. I have been juicing off and on for years. Everytime I do, the energy I get is unbelievable. I don't usually use any recipe. I just throw in whatever I have in the fridge, a mix of greens, apples, carrots, beet, something citrus etc...
  • ultraplop
    ultraplop Posts: 30
    Options
    I just put them in as is. Its a lot easier that way. I only juice vegetables and the calorie add is not significant, but technically you could subtract 4 calories per gram of fiber.

For example you put 200 grams of apple (one of the highest fiber fruits), which would be ~ 104 calories. It has 4 grams of dietary fiber so you could subtract 16 calories and put in 88. Many fruits and vegetables have very little fiber or very little calories in general, so you have to decide if such a small difference in calories is worth doing the math.
  • HeHealsMe
    HeHealsMe Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Any suggesting on a type of "start up" juicer? Saw a demo in Costco last week for the VitaMix..almost cried, I wanted one so bad. But on a very limited budget.
    Can anybody help?