Challenge for the Week

Options
jcpmoore
jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
I issued this challenge to my MFP friend's list and now I issue it to the larger community. This week try something new in the kitchen! Make a new dish sometime this week. It doesn't matter if it's an entree, a smoothie, a side dish, a vegetable, or a new way of making an old favorite. The idea is to try something new and adventurous in the kitchen and at the dining room table.

Then report back here and share it with all of us!

Part of this challenge helps us by getting us to think ahead, another helps us by getting us to try something new. Personally, I just love the sense of adventure.

If you like planning an entire week's menu at a time, feel free to post that too, then tell us what's new. :)

Replies

• jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Last night I made a homemade chicken tikka masala for dinner and served it with whole grain rice. YUM! Here's part of my adventurous menu for the week:

Monday:

Breakfast: New smoothie-Strawberry Protein Smoothie

Dinner: Tuna melts on whole grain bread

Tues. Dinner: New!
    Rosemary and Garlic Crock Pot chicken!
    Fresh Romaine salad
    steamed vegetable
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can keep this in mind when I hit the grocery store tomorrow. Good idea for a challenge :happy:
  • SLT6076
    SLT6076 Posts: 3
    Options
    This probably isn't terribly novel but it is something new that I did...I have a boatload of cilantro growing out of control in a pot on my window sill, so I grabbed some of it and threw it into the crock pot with some boneless skinless chicken thighs, lime juice, garlic, diced onions, and a bit of water. I heated it on high for 2 hours. It was AWESOME, if I do say so myself - except I'm using MORE cilantro next time!