Sedentary/Lightly Active/Active/Very Active

Options
Sharyn913
Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
Good evening!

I am trying to determine my "overall" lifestyle and which category I would properly fit into. (Sedentary/Lightly Active/Active/Very Active)

I am a 26.5 yo female, 5'2" 173lbs. 33% BF (down from 39% a few months ago) and BMI is 32 (down from 36)
My BMR is 1659 and my TDEE is 2319.

My job is extremely sedentary. I sit at a computer for eight hours a day. Although I am getting up constantly and running laps around my office. I wear a pedometer and generally accumulate one mile worth of "laps" I also walk two blocks to the grocery store and walk around just for movement. I have two sets of dumbells (4lbs and 10lbs) and do constant movements through out the day (based on what I worked out at the gym) or do jumping jacks. I still spend most of work sitting though.

I go to the gym five days a week. I generally do 25-30 mins of cardio on an ARC trainer (Approx burn is 900 cals/hour) and I do HIIT. I do 20-30 minutes of machines and free weights, switching up muscle groups.

I also have a toddler I chase after, frequently going to the park as well.

On average, including the gym work outs, I average about 14,000 steps per day.

What would you guys consider my "lifestyle" to be. Any suggestions??

Thanks!!

Replies

• sistersuziestaci
    Options
    If you are filling out the goal section of mfp I would pick Lightly Active. Because the next question asks about your workouts and you can add your gym time there. Hope this helps
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    Sounds like an "Active' lifestyle to me... Personally, I always bid low, so any added benefit is gravy (maybe a bad choice of words here on MFP)...
  • Sharyn913
    Options
    Thank you both for your input!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    You should not include workouts in your lifestyle, as then, logging them will give you those calories twice and you will be overeating.

You should pick sedentary or maybe lightly active. My job is somewhat active and I usually barely make lightly active.
  • Sharyn913
    Options
    You should not include workouts in your lifestyle, as then, logging them will give you those calories twice and you will be overeating.

You should pick sedentary or maybe lightly active. My job is somewhat active and I usually barely make lightly active.

I appreciate your input! Although I'm not to sure about not including workouts in my lifestyle because I'll get the calories twice... I generally go to the gym around 5:30am. If I don't go to the gym, I am sleeping. Those are my two options =) If I'm asleep, my body may burn 40-60 calories per hour, while at the gym, in one hour, I will burn 400-600. So it may give me a little extra, but not much!