Feeling disappointed

Options
el8942
el8942 Posts: 13 Member
I've been working hard since December to lose some weight (about 30 lbs). My original goal was just to be healthier and lower my cholesterol, but I ended up getting excited about the thought of fitting in a smaller pant size and wearing a bikini with confidence. Well, 6 months later I am down 15 lbs, which I should be really happy about. But the thing is, no one has noticed!!! Not even my boyfriend or my family! I've been measuring so I know I've lost some inches, but most of my clothes still fit, so I guess I can't really blame them. I don't even see much of a difference overall except that my cheekbones are a little easier to see. I definitely don't feel confident enough to rock a bikini right now, and I am really disappointed with my progress so far. I feel like it's been six months, and I haven't gotten anywhere.

Have any of you had an experience like this? What did you do to deal with it? Right now I am losing my motivation, and fast. :(

Replies

• Josephina57
    Josephina57 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    don't give up, You ARE losing, slowly, yes, but you are losing. Remember the saying: you didn't put the weight on overnight, you won't lose it overnight. Slow and steady wins the race.
    As for people noticing, they will.
  • desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. Stick with your original goal of healthy. I have been at a plateau for about 2 months now but continue to lose inches and I still feel better! It will happen but not overnight! Take care!
  • daeohtar
    daeohtar Posts: 6
    Options
    Make a progress photo, one of you before, and one of you now and one of you in X months.

Also, go buy a new outfit or something that shows off how well clothes are fitting you now.

But, things take time. Remember to breathe. Let people know you're trying to lose weight too. :-) Hopefully, they'll be supportive and encouraging.