30 Pounds lost!

Options
:happy:

I started myfitnesspal in September of 2010. My husband urged me to try it since he was successful losing 5 pounds using this app on his iPhone. I thought that there was no way I would be successful losing the weight. I thought there was something physically wrong with me. Nope! I was just eating way too much! The first month was probably the most difficult for me. However, after becoming used to eating 1300 calories a day and exercising, things improved. The weight came off gradually... 2 pounds per month. I was thrilled! It varied depending on how many calories I was having per day. A friend of mine asked me if I would need to count my calories forever... I never realized it at the time, but the answer is yes. I will always need to keep an eye on what I'm eating and my activity level to maintain this weight loss. I went from a size 12/14 to a size 4/6! I am so thrilled with my new body. Trust me, it was easy because I never withheld the foods I loved, rather I reduced my portion size. There will be days that I don't monitor my calories such as when I go on vacation. Upon my return, I go back to my daily calorie counting. Thank you so much myfitnesspal... you changed my life! I've posted my gradual weight loss pics on my profile. Enjoy!

Replies

• bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    Great job!
  • JustCallMeLucky
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. Your pics look amazing.
  • chicatita
    chicatita Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the good work:-)
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Thanks. You inspire me. I want to lose 30lbs as well. Also, what do you do when you feel like overeating? I tend to do thta sometimes, (even if i'm not super hungry.) esp carbs, like pasta, or rice. HOw do you beat those cravings?
  • juliedee6
    juliedee6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful! Thanks for posting.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    well done, enjoy the results.
  • Fit_SailorsWife
    Fit_SailorsWife Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    WTG!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!