Healthy casserole dishes

Options
I am seeking to find healthy casserole dishes. Any great recipes out there? Thanks!

Replies

• saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    bump! me too!

I should add the one I made last weekend

Ingredients
    • 1lb chicken breast boneless, skinless
    • 1 package frozen broccoli, broken apart
    • 1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
    • 3 T. fat free mayo
    • 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese

Directions
    • Boil chicken breast until done and drain. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1-inch pieces.
    • In a square or round casserole dish, mix mayo and soup. Add broccoli and chicken and mix well. Sprinkle with cheese.
    • Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Servings Per Recipe: 4
    Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272.5; Total Fat: 6.4g; Total Carbs: 15.8g; Dietary Fiber: 3.4 g; Protein: 36.2 g

I think mine came out to a lot more because I had more chicken. It was pretty good though
  • dmhaag
    dmhaag Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mgnmsn
    mgnmsn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    good post! i love casseroles, so easy and delicious! :)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
  • Royaltvii
    Royaltvii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Eggplant Au Gratin

Ingredients:
    1 pound eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/4
    inch slices
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce

1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim
    mozzarella cheese
    1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
    Directions:

1. Brush both sides of eggplant slices with oil. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes. Turn and bake 7-8 minutes longer or until lightly browned and tender. Cool on a wire rack.
    2. Place one eggplant slice in each of two 10-oz. ramekins coated with nonstick cooking spray. Top each with 2 tablespoons spaghetti sauce and 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
  • bmuff
    bmuff Posts: 64
    Options
    bump
  • leslieanne1010
    leslieanne1010 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AshleyRKnutson
    AshleyRKnutson Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Tuna casserole:
    Noodles of choice, 1 can tuna (drained), 1 family can of cream of mushroom soup. mix together once noodles are cooked and drained. easy and healthy

Chicken Sketti (spaghetti):
    boil chicken breasts (your choice on how many), cut into bit sized pieces, cook noodles of choice, drain. mix noodles, ckn and cream of mushroom soup together in baking dish and warm in oven. top with cheese if desired.
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Weaz66
    Weaz66 Posts: 1,846 Member
    Options
    Oh I'll have to try some of these!
  • greenacrestkd5
    Options
    Yummy! Ty! Found on Eatingwell.com Healthy low cal casseroles. Turkey and veg shepherd pie and others. Below is the link.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/recipe_slideshows/low_calorie_casserole_recipes?slide=1#view_toggles
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    pork chops + sauerkraut + an apple or two sliced. (brown the chops first, or not)

Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 2.5 hours; remove cover for the last 30 min.

(you can also throw all that in the crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours).
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Tuna casserole:
    Noodles of choice, 1 can tuna (drained), 1 family can of cream of mushroom soup. mix together once noodles are cooked and drained. easy and healthy

I add tinned tomatoes, sauteed onions and peppers, and fresh asparagus to mine.
  • koumbay
    koumbay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bump