Resistance Bands

Options
johnm8703
johnm8703 Posts: 118 Member
Hi all,
I'm looking to get some resistance bands to work out with at home. Does anyone have experience (good or bad) with particular brands? I don't want to buy a set just to have it snap on me.
Thanks and good luck in your journey!

Replies

• alapoint89
    alapoint89 Posts: 632
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm looking to get some resistance bands to work out with at home. Does anyone have experience (good or bad) with particular brands? I don't want to buy a set just to have it snap on me.
    Thanks and good luck in your journey!
    im not sure if you and i are thinking the same but i have a resistant band from target and it is so amazing.... its just the cheapest one and i love it
  • lisaidem
    lisaidem Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    We use this brand at bootcamp, and I have some at home as well: https://rbt.infusionsoft.com/app/storeFront/showStoreFront. These are very strong, and come in weight resistance increments that go much higher than what you can get in ****s/Target/etc. The highest resistance they sell is 250-300 pounds. I highly suggest these.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I have a set of Bodylastics and would strongly recommend them. They come in several different weights/resistances (which are marked) and they have clips that allow you to attach handles and ankle straps, as well as door anchors, so you can do a wide variety of exercises for all different muscle groups (and continue increasing the difficulty as you progress). They also have a lifetime warranty, so you can get free or inexpensive replacements (depending on how long it's been). I got my set from Amazon for about $70, but there are a bunch of different ones depending on what you need, so you could find something cheaper if you needed to.
  • johnm8703
    johnm8703 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the responses!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I get all of my bands from elitefts.com
    They're a bit different as they're set up for adding to a bar. But I believe they have tubing as well.

Get some actual weights too. Resistance bands are great for triceps and upper back, but real weight is needed to do much.