Insanity

Options
Ok who has completed Insanity and got the results you were hoping for? Did you add any other workouts in or just Insanity program. I keep hearing that Insanity does not burn that many calories. I started it this week and it is definitely intense and I sweat like a pig but I will be highly dissapointed to put in such a massive amount of work and not get much results. If I could burn/lose more just hitting the gym like usual than why struggle through Insanity for less results?!?!

Thoughts? Opinions? Success stories??

Replies

• Jenene88
    Jenene88 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I completed insanity and I got amazing results. You may only burn around 300-400 calories in the first month but it speeds up your metabolism an you can totally tell. I didn't do anything besides insanity and I wasn't sticking to my diet as much as I wanted but I can tell you that I was starting to show some abs, I was stronger in my legs and my arms were toning up cuz I actually had a line to show I had some muscle. U sweat like a pig but ithe first 4 weeks are to get u to be able to complete the max workouts which are way harder and longer. Keep with cuz at the end of the second wel u will see results.
  • JennyNotSoSkinny
    JennyNotSoSkinny Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I did it for three weeks with a coworker. I lost a lb, gained it back, then nothing. My coworker stayed the same weight the entire time. I lost more weight and inches with Jillian Michael's. The only insanity DVD I will do now is the ab one. I feel like if I bust my *kitten* then I should *kitten* busting results and I didn't. I have heard really good stories as well though. It just didn't work for the two of us. Good luck.
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I loved it. Im going to try Asylum in the next few months. Here is a before and after pic. My HRM had me burning up to 800 on some of the max interval days. Keep with it and keep pushing.
    18397918_5539.jpg
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I love Insanity! It has truly helped me to get where I am. I think I lost about 10 lbs while doing it, but most importantly I am now smaller than I use to be. I would encourage you to keep moving along and focus on nutrition and I promise you will see results. If you have any questions please feel free to hit me up
  • row_rivers
    row_rivers Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    hello, i've done the first month of insanity like...three times. i always felt i wasn't ready to move on to the next month. but i started it again two days ago, and i feel that things are different this time around...

i actually HAVE lost weight all those other times i did insanity (it as a very important element in my 25 lbs lost). but it IS true, you can't log out too many calories on MFP doing insanity. i use a heart rate monitor and it just doesn't say i burn that many calories. i attribute this to the fact that i work my *kitten* off for the high intensity part, but then my heart rate slows down during the breaks ==> less calories burned.

BUUUTT if you're a big fan of the after burn effect...then insanity is good for you. that whole...your body keeps burning fat for two days after your workout thing. i believe it, but i can't log it out. but who cares?? they're like the secret calories i burn!

other than insanity, i'm on a dragon boat team...which requires a lot of weight training (i lift as heavy as i can) and cardio just to keep up with the team (i'm one of the newer paddlers, and one of the least fit people).

if you're interested in an insanity buddy, add me, i do day 3 tomorrow.
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    The new muscle definition over the first 3weeks is worth it alone.

However, I am also doing Body Pump so, not sure if its just Insanity thats working or not.
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    i'm doing day 3 tomorrow as well. This is my third round. I'm also doing brazillian buttlift workouts this time.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Insanity! I've completed it twice. My first round I lost 10 pounds and my stomach flattened very noticeably. I was only doing the Insanity dvds, and not really sticking to their food plan, but trying to eat well. Stick it out! I think you'll be glad you did. :smile:

15ygkxs.jpg