Haters.....over there....

Options
stevewynjones
stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
In the words of Beyonce, everything you own is in a box to the left. I’ve called you a cab.....

You’re not needed here. So leave.

MFP is a lot of things to a lot of people, to some it’s a resource where they track food and exercise, to others a place where a group in real life get together to support between meetings.
To some it’s their only interaction with others. Stay at home moms, single parents, people who work every waking hour to support others and the thousand other reasons people don’t interact enough with their friends, if lucky to have any ,in real life don’t matter here....someone is usually on. That friendly face or image on the left of the screen can really raise your spirits on a dark day....
To many it’s their social outlet! Oh yes...we have fun! Silly, stupid, self effacing, crude, disgusting, shocking on occasion but fun. It’s a group of like minded ADULTS venting.....

Skin, there’s a LOT of it on show....yey!

The guys on here are treated to some of the most beautiful and confident ladies around. Weather it’s an athletic person just maintaining or a mom whose lost that baby weight and is rocking her first bikini since forever we ALL support your achievements. Ladies YOU rock! You will always be your greatest critic! We all have issues with our image but only you see the flaws.

We guys are worse you know!

Ever been to a muscle gym? The constant challenge for symmetry leads to lots of mirror time....:happy:
Then there’s the “bodies”! Grrrr! How I envy them. I was one, 20 years ago I would have rocked it on a ‘shirtless’ or ‘V thread’. I ‘m getting there again, and I take strength from the dudes on here...
The endorphins from the workouts give us the buzz to share our body pics. I will join! One day...
We support each other. Weather it 5,10,15 lbs or 100+ you want to lose we’re here for the long haul.Self doubt is the killer, and haters feed on it.....

I have a friend whose achievements are stuff of legend. She is held as inspiration to others, and she is, and so much more, but even she has those days where we are her support group. She’s so modest she won’t even realise this is about her.....

I have another friend whose RL is so complicated she escapes into MFP. She has, is and will have to deal with issues that I’m ashamed to say that I doubt that I could. And then she takes on another challenge to get in shape....she’s amazing..

WE ARE ALL AMAZING! We have taken that monumental decision to change our lives......so.....to the haters who bit*h, moan, criticise, belittle, harass, ridicule or just generally are here to be negative or have nothing nice to say or contribute...

That cab...

..when it gets here......

TAKE IT!

Replies

• Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Bump :-)
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Very nicely said.
    In the words of a great mfp friend;
    Don't hate....celebrate!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,816 Member
    Options
    Lovely!:flowerforyou:
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    awesome post, steve. :flowerforyou:
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    In the words of Beyonce, everything you own is in a box to the left. I’ve called you a cab.....

You’re not needed here. So leave.

MFP is a lot of things to a lot of people, to some it’s a resource where they track food and exercise, to others a place where a group in real life get together to support between meetings.
    To some it’s their only interaction with others. Stay at home moms, single parents, people who work every waking hour to support others and the thousand other reasons people don’t interact enough with their friends, if lucky to have any ,in real life don’t matter here....someone is usually on. That friendly face or image on the left of the screen can really raise your spirits on a dark day....
    To many it’s their social outlet! Oh yes...we have fun! Silly, stupid, self effacing, crude, disgusting, shocking on occasion but fun. It’s a group of like minded ADULTS venting.....

Skin, there’s a LOT of it on show....yey!

The guys on here are treated to some of the most beautiful and confident ladies around. Weather it’s an athletic person just maintaining or a mom whose lost that baby weight and is rocking her first bikini since forever we ALL support your achievements. Ladies YOU rock! You will always be your greatest critic! We all have issues with our image but only you see the flaws.

We guys are worse you know!

Ever been to a muscle gym? The constant challenge for symmetry leads to lots of mirror time....:happy:
    Then there’s the “bodies”! Grrrr! How I envy them. I was one, 20 years ago I would have rocked it on a ‘shirtless’ or ‘V thread’. I ‘m getting there again, and I take strength from the dudes on here...
    The endorphins from the workouts give us the buzz to share our body pics. I will join! One day...
    We support each other. Weather it 5,10,15 lbs or 100+ you want to lose we’re here for the long haul.Self doubt is the killer, and haters feed on it.....

I have a friend whose achievements are stuff of legend. She is held as inspiration to others, and she is, and so much more, but even she has those days where we are her support group. She’s so modest she won’t even realise this is about her.....

I have another friend whose RL is so complicated she escapes into MFP. She has, is and will have to deal with issues that I’m ashamed to say that I doubt that I could. And then she takes on another challenge to get in shape....she’s amazing..

WE ARE ALL AMAZING! We have taken that monumental decision to change our lives......so.....to the haters who bit*h, moan, criticise, belittle, harass, ridicule or just generally are here to be negative or have nothing nice to say or contribute...

That cab...

..when it gets here......

TAKE IT!

:flowerforyou:
  • cruiser3004
    cruiser3004 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    "Like"
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Well said.....
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Amen to that! :)
  • HeHealsMe
    HeHealsMe Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Beautiful..so true. I don't get out much..100% disabled..this place is my happy place. I told my mom today.."My friends are all in here-pointing to the computer"
    She just shook her head and walked out of the room.
    Sometimes, ok, all the time, family dynamics are too harsh for me.
    My nuclear family.
    My hubby..
    he's just VACANT.

two ship's that pass
    in the night.

If this post did nothing
    but touch one
    that one was me.

Blessings to you for posting this,
    it touched my heart.
    Thank you for saying the words
    I have struggled with.
  • Wenzday7777
    Wenzday7777 Posts: 44
    Options
    as Pauly D is so fond of say " The Cabs are here" :) very well said!
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    There are so many reasons why I love being your friend and this post is a great example of one of them!!! Muah!!!
  • Raina27
    Raina27 Posts: 133
    Options
    *Love* :happy:
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    great post!
    :smile:
  • hennyben
    hennyben Posts: 317
    Options
    Great post :flowerforyou:
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I've said it before, and I will say it again. Mfp is a effing joke. If you really wanna lose weight and get in shape, the only thing you need is this

0eb1a600.jpg
  • Mar1l1ze
    Mar1l1ze Posts: 16
    Options
    I needed this thread today. I'm also hoping the Hulk Mania suggestion is an in-joke and not a f*ckwad troll.
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Options
    *kitten* off haters!

You do realize that this statement makes you a hater right? Hating on haters is just reverse hatism. :)
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Options
    I needed this thread today. I'm also hoping the Hulk Mania suggestion is an in-joke and not a f*ckwad troll.

Wow... Just wow
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I knew we were friends for a reason (or a few) :smile: Very well said Steve.
  • Nkabzin36
    Nkabzin36 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Love it ;D