What would you take on a picnic?

Options
mickipedia
mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
I'm going on one later but still need to buy the stuff, any ideas?

xx

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, mini cheese sticks, humous and carrot and celery sticks. Fruit. Cherry tomatoes.
  • clareeast
    clareeast Posts: 64
    Options
    Raw veggies and a dip - something low fat and/or high protein would be good, such as hummus.
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Pre-made salad, whole-wheat bread and berries with plain yogurt :) I had a picnic last week!
  • sjv1966
    sjv1966 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Are you planning to buy groceries that you will take home and cook or are you planning to buy ready-to-eat items that you can take straight to the picnic?
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I would mix prawns or tuna with salad leaves and cottage cheese, as my main course
    and pud would have chocolate protein, mixed with fage greek yogurt, strawberries, raspberries, bluberries and grapes.

and of course a bottle of water
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    bump for later .... I need ideas too ... thanks for posting
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    -Laughing cow cheese, reduced fat ritz, grapes. (One of my fav snacks I havent had in a while)
    -Pita pockets with a low cal meat like black forest ham. Mustard has little to no calories-skip the mayo. Fill them with green peppers , lettuce, tomato.
    -Crystal light lemonade
    -If you want a dip for veggies Marie's Ranch yogurt bland dressing is only 70 cals for 2 tbsp. Its amazing! (Found in the fridge section or the produce dept)
    -Tomato and Mozzarella salad. -Made yourself to control the oil.
    -You can always bring a healthy soup, chili or hot side dish in a thermos.
    - Low cal quiche
    -Sugar free jello

That's all I got for now.