Some weight loss advice

Options
I have 6 weeks to lose as much as possible. I have literally no time/energy to do any exercise! I try to sit ups And push ups when I can. I enjoy really healthy foods. But I need need need to lose 7 pounds. Is this possible?

Replies

• sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    You can lose 7lbs but if you 'diet' to lose it you will enter a cycle of yoyoing
    At 17 I needed to lose 7lbs I didnt I was only 108lbs but I went on my first 'diet' Ive spent 25 years yoyo 'dieting' until now.
    Those 7lbs turned into 100 and thats easily done lose 50lbs gain 60lbs lose 60lbs gain 70lbs.

The only way to do this is plan for life,if you are overweight by 7lbs get on board do this 100% exercise,yes exercise theres something out there for everyone :huh:

Eat the right amount of calories and exercise 2-3 times a week?

If not crash 'Diet' lose 7lbs but next year you'll be back with 14lbs to lose

I wish you success x
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Google the dukan diet but dont sign up to there web site as there's plenty of info on WWW

i lost 16lb in 10 days but i was/am carrying a lot of weight as long as you can walk 20min per day and live quite strictly to the diet it should be possible

and when you achieve your loss adjust to a healthier lifestyle to keep it off
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    you can lose weight without working out. Follow the numbers given to you by MFP closely. The excerise will only boost the lose a bit. Weight loss is 90% food and 10% movement (or something like that) point being is it comes down to what you put in your body and then what gets burned. 7 pounds in 6 weeks is doable however, the closer you are to your goal weight the slower that number may come off. good luck to you.
  • christinabooth
    Options
    Thank u, I'm currently 132lbs, I need to be 126lbs to feel comfortable again. I suppose you can call what I do crash dieting I seem to yoyo between 126 and 140lb month by month. And I do want to do it properly, at the moment i limit myself to 800cals a day. Stupid and often every couple of weeks I go way over that. But I just get worried because I don't do any exercise. I walk quite a lot but that's only a couple of days a week.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I lost 11lbs in 3 weeks in a healthy way, its possible.But you probably will have to prioritize working out. You have the time, you are just choosing to spend it on something else.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,555 Member
    Options
    It's possible if you're committed to doing it. Doesn't sound like you're committed, but looking for a short cut to doing it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition