Quick Way to Lose Weight?

Options
Now I know there is not fast & easy way too lose weight but I have a night out a week on Saturday and I was wondering if there is any ways I might be able to get a quick fix on my weight? Haha I do realise that this wont be permanent and that I will need to keep general excercise and eating healthy any opinions???

No nasty comments please :heart:

Replies

• Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Well, I had jaw correction surgery on Friday and have lost 7lbs since then as I have not been able to chew! I'm just chiming in because I was only hungry on the day of my surgery, I have not been hungry since and I haven't wanted to eat much. My diary is open so you can see I've mainly been having liquid food (though I could chew a little yesterday, it was great!). I haven't been eating too badly, but I have been restricted to soup and yoghurt since I got home, I could only eat sugar cubes for the day of and the day after surgery.

I know you aren't having surgery, but maybe this is some help to you? My craving for chocolate has also gone, it's just something that is nice to eat now rather than a need. Maybe I should have had this done before I got so chubby :laugh:
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Dukan diet! attack phase :bigsmile:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Buy some undies that hold everything in - that's what the celebs do!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't think there's much you can do in a week and a half. Your ticker says you have about 70 lbs to lose, so unfortunately even losing a few pounds is probably not going to be very obvious. I know that's not what you want to hear! Sadly, significant weight loss takes time. Your best bet is probably some good supportive underwear! I just read your profile and I think your goals are really admirable, and realistic. Try to focus on the bigger picture of getting fitter and more confident, and don't let worrying about your weight ruin your night out!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Buy some undies that hold everything in - that's what the celebs do!
    Oh, I love those! They're not uncomfortable; they just smoosh the fat a little to make it less, um, poochy.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Even if you did lost a few pounds by that time it wouldn't really make a difference. Sorry. It's better to just keep on track with your normal diet.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I agree with JesterMFP, just carry on as normal.

But I'd add (treat with a pinch of salt because I'm a man) get an outfit you feel really great in: shoes, dress, make-up hair etc.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I agree with JesterMFP, just carry on as normal.

But I'd add (treat with a pinch of salt because I'm a man) get an outfit you feel really great in: shoes, dress, make-up hair etc.
    I agree, people always say, "Ooh you've lost weight" when I get my hair done rather than noticing what I've actually changed!

A nay here on the slimming undies. They can roll up at the bottom and down at the top in a particularly unflattering manner, you won't be able to eat and drink, and, let's face it, they won't do anything to make you feel sexy :laugh:
  • poptastic
    poptastic Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Personally (Although I do realise this is different for everyone!) I find wheat-based foods such as pasta and bread to be quite bloating, so I try to avoid them in the week leading up to a night when I want to look great, and no pigging out on things with high salt as that can also cause bloating. But aside from keeping down any extra bloat, I don't think you can make a big difference in a week - just wear something that makes you feel good and keep sticking to a healthy diet :)
  • SnookiBaby92
    Options
    Thanks all for your advice!! :)

I have this slimming suit thingy that makes me look flatter - but with the dress I have I cant wear it :(

xx
  • delikium
    delikium Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    buy a corset
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Food poisoning... worked well for me lost about 5 lbs...but it came back quickly. But no one really wants to have food poisoning, do we? Only other advice is like the other ladies, the slimming under wear stuff and ive also done an all natural/organic cleanse. You can find the kits at whole foods or any other natural food stores. Helps clean out your bowel and liver and takes down on bloating really well. I always do one of these and it helps get rid of all the toxins and stuff still stuck in you bowels. Ive lost 5lbs just by doing one of these but they are a 2 week process.
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    there isn't really a quick fix. Be happy with where you are and keep working towards your goal. Get your hair done, do your nails, get a nice dress and heels and go for it and be content. One day soon you'll be at goal!! Good luck.
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    pretty much has been said but you are not going to have a major impact in one week. Stay the course. someone commented on no breads. This seems to work in the short term. I have several friends who go low/no carbs the few days before going out to get rid of any puffiness in their belly. good luck to you in the bigger picture of reaching goal and being healthy
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Well, for a quick change in appearance maybe not weight, I would cut out all carbs, all sugar and all fruit. You might be grumpy the first few days, but it will be ok. I did south beach about a year ago and in the first 2 weeks I lost 10 lbs. Make sure you drink a lot of water. You could also go get hyrdrotherapy if you feel that you may have a ton of pounds backed up.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    A nay here on the slimming undies. They can roll up at the bottom and down at the top in a particularly unflattering manner, you won't be able to eat and drink, and, let's face it, they won't do anything to make you feel sexy :laugh:
    That's not true at all. You've been using ones that are too small.
  • sharnnie11
    sharnnie11 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have lost 3 pound in 2 days so far doing this. Basically just eating no carbs. Only really eat eggs and meat it shouldnt be used long term tho it is a quick fix for me going on holiday in 2 weeks :)
  • ksandford
    ksandford Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm going on a Hen Do on Saturday night and I'll be wearing my suck-in pants!!!! Def recommend them :wink: xx
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Food poisoning... worked well for me lost about 5 lbs...but it came back quickly. But no one really wants to have food poisoning, do we? Only other advice is like the other ladies, the slimming under wear stuff and ive also done an all natural/organic cleanse. You can find the kits at whole foods or any other natural food stores. Helps clean out your bowel and liver and takes down on bloating really well. I always do one of these and it helps get rid of all the toxins and stuff still stuck in you bowels. Ive lost 5lbs just by doing one of these but they are a 2 week process.

I second this. I made pancakes with what turned out to be spoiled buttermilk. It was on the day before my weekly weigh-in. I lost 8 pounds that week. Then I put back 5 the next week. But still 3 pounds in 2 weeks was and is right around my normal pace.
  • tamsinwhitfield
    tamsinwhitfield Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Agree with everything said above - hair done, nails done, eyelashes done, microdermabrasion done, etc. etc. Can't fail to make you look and feel wonderful.

Also, this sounds a bit insane, but for a quick temporary illusion of weight loss, I've heard good things about taking a short bath (20-25 minutes) with one or two cups of Epsom Salts (I meant to try this prior to my work Christmas party and completely forgot to buy any, so can't vouch for efficacy I'm afraid!).