How would you make up? Argument with S/O

Options
AFluffyNyamma
AFluffyNyamma Posts: 99 Member
Hey MFP, I'm going to not ask about personal advice obviously, but I would like to know or share ideas on how to make up with your S/O after an argument? I feel like I want to show my S/O how much I care for him and I just want t to see what others do. For the record this is my first relationship, albeit a long one, and I still don't really have any references to go off of. Also its long distance, so it is a bit hard.

Fire away (oh, please don't flame the long distance thing, its been about 7 years now and I want fresh new ideas is all)

Replies

• bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Long stem cookies delivered to the workplace is always nice.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I'm in a long distance relationship, myself. I find communication to the point of ad nauseum is the best idea. Talk about everything, talk about all the feelings you were having during the argument, lots of assurance and love is all you can do from a distance. Communication in ridiculous amounts is how you avoid arguments and resolve them. Lol. Not sure I helped at all. :flowerforyou:
  • sendit
    sendit Posts: 28
    Options
    Cookies in general always helps.
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    a special video of some sort?
  • guamSUPERgirl90
    Options
    haha cookies... mmm.

thats a good one but communications is always the best. If he's still pissed or something, I leave a funny message on his voicemail. Or yeah, do a video of yourself saying sorry and email to him.
  • sortin
    sortin Posts: 78
    Options
    Apologize, tell them you love them, and move on. Dwelling on something they probably regret also isn't going to make it better.

Really though, it's hard to know what to suggest without knowing anything more than it was an argument. So my only advice is to try to move on from it.

And don't send me cookies at work. Send me flowers. It makes everyone else jealous.
  • Gestahl
    Gestahl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Long-distance relationships are *completely* legitimate. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

As for something special after an argument... well, it has a lot to do with his individual tastes, specifically how he experiences love and affection. But some ideas that come to mind are sending him a gift (something to do with his hobbies?) or hand-writing a letter or affection. An occasional physical "anchor" can be very, very special and helpful in a long-term relationship.
  • bolsaguns
    bolsaguns Posts: 100
    Options
    flowers to work, then a nice dinner at home with a weekend at the spa
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Bacon?
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Sex.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Sex.

Yep. Works every time.
  • MrsAngelique
    MrsAngelique Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I pray about it first and then communicate my thoughts to my partner and help him understand why I reacted the way I did and hear him out as well. A nice dinner invitation would also be nice if possible.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Nakedness. Lots of it.
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Nothing. You're a woman, so you're clearly in the right and it must have been him that is wrong and must grovel to you.....

<irony>
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    send him a turtle.. everybody love turtles
  • Silver180
    Silver180 Posts: 294
    Options
    Sounds more like sarcasm than irony to me.

And everyone DOES love turtles!
  • Tkwild
    Tkwild Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Turtles are great, everyone does love turtles!

Long distance makes sex more difficult, sexting is good tho.

(If my advice works well, feel free to send me a thank you turtle ;))
  • AFluffyNyamma
    AFluffyNyamma Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Turtles are great, everyone does love turtles!

Long distance makes sex more difficult, sexting is good tho.

(If my advice works well, feel free to send me a thank you turtle ;))

Haha I for one don't like turtles myself... I must be an alien! Also yes this is true.

Thanks for the input so far guys... I'm putting together a little animation for him along with some drawings.

Also hes nerdy like me and likes video games etc.
  • brutiful
    brutiful Posts: 12
    Options
    been in my fair share of long distance relationships.... i hate to sound like everyone else- but communication is key- in ANY relationship, but esp long distance ones. once you guys know you're both on the same page i find skin pix (i only say that bc after 7 years i'm sure you trust him to keep those confidential!) work well as an instant display of "i'm sorry, lets move past it" :]

but i think if you've got the time, nothing shows how much you care like a handwritten letter, silly doodle/cartoon of you and that person doing something ridiculous/being awesome sent snail-mail style :]

turtles and cookies being a close second of course! :D
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Send a package of their favorite stuff. Or a note snail mailed to them in an interesting way. I sent my now husband a letter written on toilet paper when we were dating long distance. Sometimes you just have to go "that was a silly argument and would have gone differently if we were together to talk about it, I'm sorry".