Halfway there

Options
As of this morning, I am down 25.8 lbs, halfway to my goal of losing 50 lbs. I'd lost about 23 lbs last summer, then fell off the wagon in fall and winter, and gained about 8 back. Now in the last 5 weeks I've cleaned up my eating habits, am on week 4 of c25k and have started biking again. In these 5 weeks I lost 10.8 lbs. I feel awesome, and I plan to keep pushing to lose this weight!

Replies

• mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    That's great. I'm on week 4 of c25k as well. Cant wait to see before and after pictures, I'm sure you'll have them soon.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! So close you can taste it! Wish you the best!
  • minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • kimberlydawn36
    kimberlydawn36 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I too am at my halfway point....what is c25?
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Whooo Hoooo!!!! I'm so proud of you. C25K ROCKS my life!! SAVED my life!! It just made something that I believed was so unobtainable for me (at that fitness level) seem so "do"able in baby steps. I ran my 3rd 5k Saturday, I run 10 miles on the weekends, and I just registered for my first half marathon in the fall. Keep up the great work! I believe the quickest way to reach our goals is with our own TWO FEET!
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Great work - keep going :)
  • debrapeterson
    debrapeterson Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    As of this morning, I am down 25.8 lbs, halfway to my goal of losing 50 lbs. I'd lost about 23 lbs last summer, then fell off the wagon in fall and winter, and gained about 8 back. Now in the last 5 weeks I've cleaned up my eating habits, am on week 4 of c25k and have started biking again. In these 5 weeks I lost 10.8 lbs. I feel awesome, and I plan to keep pushing to lose this weight!

I know how you feel. I just hit the 25lb mark today of the 50 I also want to loose. I joined MFP the end of Jan. 12 and I know the last 25lbs may come off slower. I'm also going back to the gym beginning in June. Sometimes I fall off my water. I walk 4 flights of stairs once or twice daily but know I have to add strenght training and cardio to my workout. I'm trying to take it slow. I have never reached a weight loss goal before and I want so badly to do it this time. I wish you only success on your journey.
  • mehs04
    mehs04 Posts: 184
    Options
    I too am at my halfway point....what is c25?

c25k is the couch to 5km running program. Over the course of 9 weeks, it takes you from being a couch potato (aka non-runner) to running 5km (3.1 miles). Just google "c25k" and you'll be able to find out lots of info about the program.
  • mehs04
    mehs04 Posts: 184
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the encouragement, everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!