My First 2 miles!...Very Slow....

Options

Replies

• Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    That is AMAZING! Way to GO! You should be VERY PROUD! I have been running...jogging in the interval fashion for 8 months and I have my first half marathon this Sunday...I am SO nervous... I won't be able to run the whole 13:1. I will have to walk some...but I will finish!
    Keep up the hard work!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Nice work!

Keep up the excellent effort and - Next stop: your first 5K!
  • valerieg78
    valerieg78 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You are moving and that's what counts!! I'm not a fast runner but feel so much better with myself. It will get easier the longer you do it. Keep up the good work!!!
  • anewtiffany
    Options
    Great job!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    It's an amazing feeling to click off a few miles without walking! Awesome!
  • steflbrown
    steflbrown Posts: 168
    Options
    That's great!!!! Way to go!!!!
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    Awesome, that is a great start goal, and nothing to scoff at. I started C25K in February, now I can run the whole thing. It is good to recognize and enjoy milestones along the way.
  • jeawashko
    jeawashko Posts: 40
    Options
    that is an amazing accomplishment, what is most important is you set your mind to it and you did it. you should be very proud of yourself! half the battle is our own mentality that we "can't" do something-- remember that you ran this 2 miles straight next time you want to give up! and you will get faster if you keep it up! GREAT WORK!!!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    That's great!! 5K here you come!!
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Congrats, great job! Running hills will make you stronger and faster. I am much faster than last year even though I don't follow any progran designed to increase speed. I just do what I can, which does include hills. And don't sweat the slow weight loss too much. I only lost 11 pounds last year, but suddenly I am losing a pound a week. I have only slightly increased the intensity of my exercise and started eating a few more calories (now averaging 1,850 up from 1,650.) Patience and persistance do pay off!
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Now that you have taken the first steps (2 miles of them) the only way for you is up!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic - beware the coming running addiction level-up!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I jogged up and down hills 2 miles in 32 minutes....a 16 minute mile:laugh: ....and I DID NOT STOP! After reading yesterday about all the slow weight losses (I am one of them....4 # in 4 months) I am determined to keep it up. I am eating better, feeling better, and am trying weight training today. I have never done it, don't know if I will like it, but I never thought I would jog either! Let's "run the race " friends!

The fact that you pushed yourself to finish the 2 miles is huge. Keep it up, that's amazing and it will pay off.

Agreed. Learning to push yourself past your comfort zone is 90% of the battle. Way to go!
  • jjjcjw
    jjjcjw Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, have a short goal and add on just a little at a time to reach the ultimate goal, "I'm going to run to the next house" 5 more sec. ... YOU can do it! there is an end to the tunnel!
  • Maymichelle
    Maymichelle Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I jogged up and down hills 2 miles in 32 minutes....a 16 minute mile:laugh: ....and I DID NOT STOP! After reading yesterday about all the slow weight losses (I am one of them....4 # in 4 months) I am determined to keep it up. I am eating better, feeling better, and am trying weight training today. I have never done it, don't know if I will like it, but I never thought I would jog either! Let's "run the race " friends!

Congrats! Who cares if it was a 16 minute mile --- YOU DID IT!!! I am also trying to be a runner! For some reason I love running even though I suck at it. Yesterday I also ran 2 miles...I kept telling myself that I can't stop...I also somehow had a faster time! I am also someone who has been slow to loose weight. I have been on a healthy lifestyle change for 1 1/2 years & while I watch pounds melt away easily for some people, it comes so hard to me. Congrats on feeling better! Keep on keeping on! =)
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic - beware the coming running addiction level-up!

I know I spend more money on races than Starbucks!
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You DID it!!!! Great job!!!

(Now do it again! :)
  • sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Ohhh congratulations!!! That is amazing!! running/jogging is a great way to get your cardio.. Also good luck with the weight training. It will help you a lot and get you toned. Make sure to ask for help if you need to figure something out and don't be embarrassed either. We have all been there before and you will feel a lot better incorporating the toning part in as well as your cardio. Be sure to take your measurements today before starting, with weight training, you are likely to gain weight but muscle. If you measure yourself you will be able to tell how much you have lost without having to step on the scale.. Goodluck!
  • jukemaster
    jukemaster Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I used to run half marathons, but then I had a knee injury and I'm excited when I can get two or three miles in at any pace (I'm super slow right now). It made me realize that the goal isn't to compete against others, it's to improve yourself. Maybe the speed and distance of other runners can provide motivation, but our own personal bests are what really matter. If you weren't running 2 miles in the past, then you just set a new personal record. That's awesome!! Eventually you'll hit a faster pace or a longer distance and you'll have set a new PR, and so on. Keep at it and have fun with the success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!